Tapatalk not working with the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
Working for me on my kindle fire. :)
Wasn't working for me earlier on iOS (but now it is). I tried using safari earlier and got an error page from the new cloud firewall service provider that Scott mentioned he was adding a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Participated loading slowly is still a known thing right?

I never use it to be honest with you. But in trying it now I see what you mean.

I will submit a report, and hope they fix it, but that one is out of my hands, they have dumbed things down so much.

It got me to start using subscribed a lot more, but I miss a lot as a result. I know it's probably not something you can affect, just never got around to pinging Tapatalk myself about it.

I never use it to be honest with you. But in trying it now I see what you mean.

I will submit a report, and hope they fix it, but that one is out of my hands, they have dumbed things down so much.
Participated works slowly on all Tapatalk apps, not just on the branded app. And it is only slow with SatelliteGuys. It works much faster with other forums. So, I don't think it's a problem with the app. I suspect some indexes are not optimized.

Whenever I'm determined to use it I hit it and then go browser another forum and come back. Once it does load it's snappy for the duration of that session, implying it's built a cache or index to rely on for a little bit, but then over time it's hosed again. Typically the time it takes to load is greater than my attention span or the time it would take to manually browse the handful forums im active in.

Here is the reply from TapaTalk Support on that issue meStevo...

Are you running xenForo? I think we have made some improvement on this in recent plugin update. This is not a native xenForo function call so it can get a little compare to others.

Reactions: meStevo
Scott- several people have reported some forum features don't work with the app, such as Polls, the most recent complaint I heard. Would it be inappropriate for you to make an official announcement that the Tapa Talk app is not supported by Satelliteguys? "You can use it with limited functionality"

I don't care one way or another, but it seems many believe the site is broken when it's their 3rd party app. they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)