TBS HD is a disgrace!!! WINS THE WOBA so far

You totally miss the point of this discussion. If a channel is designated as HD, you should be able to see some HD content, especially if the program guide says it is presented in HD. If you just discount the problem, you are just telling the programmer that what they are doing is acceptable. For the time it takes you to type a comment here, you could send an email to TBS to tell them how you feel. Complacency does nothing to help solve the problem.

You are incorrect. I completely understand the point of this discussion. You people have nothing to do in life but whine. No matter how many channels in HD you get, or amount of programming available, you don't seem to be able to enjoy any of it. You're too busy complaining about what you don't have. What ever happened to the glass half full perspective?

You are incorrect. I completely understand the point of this discussion. You people have nothing to do in life but whine. No matter how many channels in HD you get, or amount of programming available, you don't seem to be able to enjoy any of it. You're too busy complaining about what you don't have. What ever happened to the glass half full perspective?

If everyone had your mentality, we'd all be using dial-up for Internet (because with no cries for more bandwidth, there would be no need to offer consumer broadband) and either using rabbit ears or watching analog cable. Don't you think that people bitching, or as you say whining, has an impact on what these corporations do? It most certainly does. Maybe you are satisfied with poor quality "HD" channels, but not everyone is. Bitching most certainly helps. If it wasn't for all the competition, these cable companies wouldn't have gone digital. Sometimes it takes consumers and competitors to get these companies act together. Same goes for TBS and its viewers. If the CEO knows people are unhappy with their HD broadcasts, they might actually do something about it. They may have been able to get away with it in the early days of HD TNT, but now there are way too many good options for HD, that it will most certainly start to impact their ratings.

If everyone had your mentality, we'd all be using dial-up for Internet (because with no cries for more bandwidth, there would be no need to offer consumer broadband) and either using rabbit ears or watching analog cable. Don't you think that people bitching, or as you say whining, has an impact on what these corporations do? It most certainly does. Maybe you are satisfied with poor quality "HD" channels, but not everyone is. Bitching most certainly helps. If it wasn't for all the competition, these cable companies wouldn't have gone digital. Sometimes it takes consumers and competitors to get these companies act together. Same goes for TBS and its viewers. If the CEO knows people are unhappy with their HD broadcasts, they might actually do something about it. They may have been able to get away with it in the early days of HD TNT, but now there are way too many good options for HD, that it will most certainly start to impact their ratings.

I'll tell you what, 'sonny', I like high tech gadgets, HDTV and certainly wouldn't consider myself technologically challenged!! I do, however, understand that the almighty buck is what drives most of this stuff. The Satellite companies, the cable companies etc. will do what they need to do when they need to do it whenever it maximizes their bottom line. No amount of whining, bitching, cajoling on your part, AHEM--on anyones part is going to have an impact on what they roll and when. You can come to this site and postulate and make lots of predictions and put it down and try to get people to join you in e-mail campaigns and so on and so on.

Fine! I don't care. I repeat "GET A FREAKING LIFE'.

And thats the last word you'll hear from on the subject.

I'll tell you what, 'sonny', I like high tech gadgets, HDTV and certainly wouldn't consider myself technologically challenged!! I do, however, understand that the almighty buck is what drives most of this stuff. The Satellite companies, the cable companies etc. will do what they need to do when they need to do it whenever it maximizes their bottom line. No amount of whining, bitching, cajoling on your part, AHEM--on anyones part is going to have an impact on what they roll and when. You can come to this site and postulate and make lots of predictions and put it down and try to get people to join you in e-mail campaigns and so on and so on.

Fine! I don't care. I repeat "GET A FREAKING LIFE'.

And thats the last word you'll hear from on the subject.

Respectfully, I ask that you not call me "sonny," but with your lack of respect you probably will anyway. With your horrible attitude, it makes me wonder what you are doing at this site. You come here and bash those suggesting an email campaign towards TBS "HD" and call those that post here "whiners" for bitching about it. If we need to "get a freaking life," what do you need to get? You are as pathetic as the rest of us for coming here to bash our thoughts, suggestions and ideas.

You may not be "technologically challenged" as you suggest (the verdict is still out), but you are obviously socially challenged. You obviously don't play well with others.

OK. Everyone in here that has bitched and whined about something. Please leave. Damn, Scott, I didn't mean to make everyone leave including myself. I would be leading the crowd.:D Trust me anchor, you would love to have my life.:)

To be clear, people who complain about the programming they pay for in forum dedicated to such discussions have no life. People who complain about people complaining about their programming have.....what exactly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)