TBS HD is a disgrace!!! WINS THE WOBA so far

Will they broadcast the new "Frank" series in HD? That would be worth watching. He was great on Mad TV. John Madden impersonation is perfect.

That's because it was one of the "pretend" HD channels so D* could brag about how many they had. E* wasn't supposed to get it but we all whined and griped.

Congrat on being the first to bring D* into the conversation. By the way have you heard or see MLB playoff. Yes D* made TBS have the baseball playoff so they could add the channel. A** Clown.

Congrat on being the first to bring D* into the conversation. By the way have you heard or see MLB playoff. Yes D* made TBS have the baseball playoff so they could add the channel. A** Clown.

Let's please NOT turn this thread into another E* vs D* pissing match. Name calling is unwarranted.

NightRyder

Last edited:
You have some insight on what the uplink plans have been?
Previous discussions on transponder availability have shown that there is room for several more channels without affecting any other channel. E* can add SciFi HD anytime they get ready.

If you have some doubts about room, the TEST channel is obvious to anyone as an extra HD channel not being used for SciFi HD. Why is there no discussion of this waste of bandwidth?

As are the 10 NHLHD's, NBAHD's, ALT10HD's, and now ALTHD's that show absolutely NOTHING! THey could have easily trimmed each of them in half and have no problems showing hd sports. What kind of bandwidth is that wasting? Any at all? I am more mad at them when I am looking through the program guide.

Previous discussions on transponder availability have shown that there is room for several more channels without affecting any other channel. E* can add SciFi HD anytime they get ready.

If you have some doubts about room, the TEST channel is obvious to anyone as an extra HD channel not being used for SciFi HD. Why is there no discussion of this waste of bandwidth?

Which TEST channel?

Also you missed the point of what I was talking about too. I'm not talking about bandwidth, I'm talking about contracts.

As are the 10 NHLHD's, NBAHD's, ALT10HD's, and now ALTHD's that show absolutely NOTHING! THey could have easily trimmed each of them in half and have no problems showing hd sports. What kind of bandwidth is that wasting? Any at all? I am more mad at them when I am looking through the program guide.

Bandwidth wasting? almost none.

I sure hope you have sent an un censored version to TBS also. After all it is their doings. In time this will get better as more HD content is produced yadda... yadda... yadda....

There is plenty of HD content; they simply choose NOT to broadcast it. Hell, they don't even have a HD logo. Its pathetic, plain and simple. ANd because of the stupid baseball playoffs we (in Dish land) have it and not something useful like SciFi. :(

TBS-HD may only be one of the first that have started the "HD channel with no HD" trend. If this attempt is sold successfully, dozens of such channels may appear next year. And, of course, we will have to pay extra as they will be part of a "significantly expanded HD package"!

TBS-HD may only be one of the first that have started the "HD channel with no HD" trend. If this attempt is sold successfully, dozens of such channels may appear next year. And, of course, we will have to pay extra as they will be part of a "significantly expanded HD package"!

In which case I blame DirecTV, with the inflated promises of 100 HD channels for THREE YEARS, pushing providers to "go HD" when they are not ready to go HD. Dish, at least, has never promised HD channels that don't exist.

Then again, SatelliteGuys itself perhaps pushed Dish over the top with putting TBS on the air for the playoffs. And now we have it in stretched upconverted SD/HD. (And to be honest, I'd be happier if it was just upconverted SD in 4:3)

Bandwidth wasting? almost none.
I didn't think it would take much to send an HD dish logo to the receiver, but they are really a pain in the A**. Last night of the 20 ALT sports channels, only 3 had any games on. You would think the number could be reduced. If you subscribe to CI or League pass, you can't block it. If you don't subscribe, it is extremely annoying.

Maybe if the baseball fans wouldn't have cried about it enough we might have had SciFi instead.... but we've got TBS-NoHD instead.

No telling what they had planned.

Yes, but then you would have been talking about how SciFi doesn't have any HD programming either.. SciFi is as bad as TBS.. Hardly any HD on it.

I didn't think it would take much to send an HD dish logo to the receiver, but they are really a pain in the A**. Last night of the 20 ALT sports channels, only 3 had any games on. You would think the number could be reduced. If you subscribe to CI or League pass, you can't block it. If you don't subscribe, it is extremely annoying.

Make up the favorites for the channels you want and skip the ones you don't.