TBS HD is a disgrace!!! WINS THE WOBA so far

everytime I look at that channel in my guide, I just turned my side ways... What F**** A***** Channel.... What A F**** disgrace....

Just venting frustration on this F****** channel.....

WE HAVE HIT A LOW WITH THIS CHANEL .... AT LEAST A&E HAD TWO F***** CHANNELS IN HD WHEN THEY STARTED.

I hate stretch-o-vision more then hd-lite, what are they thinking.

Local cable added TBS-HD for the Diamondbacks and dropped it right when the last game ended.

The funny thing is I heard the reason Cox added it last minute was because SD TBS was advertising the game was available in HD and the call center was flooded with trouble calls because TBS-HD wouldn't come in :)

I am one to bitch about movies on basic cable as it is, with the movies all chopped up, editing out the language and sex, the screen cropping, commercials, etc.

So when I flipped over to Vegas Vacation on TBS HD the other morning, I just had to laugh. The PQ was just f'ing horrible. They were using a pan and scan edition that they were playing on normal TBS and stretching it out rather than airing the HD wide screen (original aspect ration or even 16x9) version of the movie on the HD channel.

Yet another reason I hate basic cable channels airing movies and non-HD channels calling themselves HD.

I have a great idea!!!! How about everyone here, I MEAN EVERYONE start sending TBS e-mails (also say that you are with Neilson Rating System) and don't hold anything back. Maybe, just maybe we will see some hd programming if everyone complains straight to them instead of just forums!!! I've e-mailed them 3 times with NO response!!

Would you people like a little cheese with all that 'WHINE'. There is plenty to watch in high def on lots of channels. I guess you expect the whole world to drop what they're doing make sure you have 100% HD on 100% of the channels just for you. I grew up watching 3 snowy b&w channels on a 17 inch tv. Grow up, it'll come.

What about FXHd. What a waste of time. No HD programming. If anyone has seem anything on this channel in HD let me know?:eek:

Would you people like a little cheese with all that 'WHINE'. There is plenty to watch in high def on lots of channels. I guess you expect the whole world to drop what they're doing make sure you have 100% HD on 100% of the channels just for you. I grew up watching 3 snowy b&w channels on a 17 inch tv. Grow up, it'll come.

You totally miss the point of this discussion. If a channel is designated as HD, you should be able to see some HD content, especially if the program guide says it is presented in HD. If you just discount the problem, you are just telling the programmer that what they are doing is acceptable. For the time it takes you to type a comment here, you could send an email to TBS to tell them how you feel. Complacency does nothing to help solve the problem.

LOL I predicted this would happen as soon as the ALCS was over. People would complain about this channel just like TNTHD.

Well the baseball junkies had to have their HD fix, now we're all stuck with the hangover. :mad:

NightRyder

Like I said before. Start throwing e-mail after e-mail to TBS.com Maybe someone will get some feedback!!! EVERYONE E-MAIL THEM!!!

Like I said before. Start throwing e-mail after e-mail to TBS.com Maybe someone will get some feedback!!! EVERYONE E-MAIL THEM!!!

Good luck with that. We've already been though this with TNT-HD; With the exception of live sports or original programing, SD stretch-o-vision is their idea of content on a HD channel.

NightRyder

I think BOYDJP is correct. I just sent this email to TBS:
I've tried watching the new TBS HD channel on Directv. Unfortunately, even though the Directv quide indicates HD programs, they come out in SD stretched format on my TV. Directv says that this is not them, but done by TBS. If so, I hope you can fix this soon so that I can start watching some of my TBS shows again. I, like many other I'm sure, only watch real HD shows now that so many HD programs are available.

I have not watched this channel since the Phillies lost game 3 to Colorado, and I don't have any reason to until they can actually show any HD. I would rather have MGM-HD or MOJO in it's place.

I think BOYDJP is correct. I just sent this email to TBS:
I've tried watching the new TBS HD channel on Directv. Unfortunately, even though the Directv quide indicates HD programs, they come out in SD stretched format on my TV. Directv says that this is not them, but done by TBS. If so, I hope you can fix this soon so that I can start watching some of my TBS shows again. I, like many other I'm sure, only watch real HD shows now that so many HD programs are available.

like night said "good luck with that" . If you ever get a response from them please post but I doubt since they do not care.

I haven't seen any HD on SciFi. Am I missing it? At least SciFi doesn't fake it like TBS.

Apparently you've never watched Flash Gordon, Stargate Atlantis, Bionic Woman or Species Awakeining among other things in HD on SciFi.

SciFi could be better but it isn't the HD wasteland that TBSHD is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)