tech says i can get all Channels by moving

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
61.5 to 77...keep 110/118/119 dish...in charlotte NC area

If he moves it to 77 will I still keep all my channels???

Last edited:
you wouldnt need the 110/118/119 dish unless you subscribe to Internationals

Charlotte moved from 118 to 61.5 a long time ago. The channels they dont carry in HD are in MPEG4SD on 61.5

77W doesnt have anything you'd need. There are some local markets there. You do need to have ALL MPEG4 receivers to go with Eastern Arc

EA dish

Sounds like it's time for you to go EA and drip the funny dish. That is unless you need 118 for something. If so you could add a EA dish with the 118 for internationals plugged into the open port on the EA dish.

new hd

The new hd is not on 61.5...

I want to get all the channels I have now...plus the 17 new hd channels that just got lit up...

I have 250 hd/platinum...cinemax/hbo/showtime

so will i get locals and all channels including all the hd with 77???

I am tryin to get ea and the tech said his boss said i would get everything with 77??? i dont think he is right...

so with 72.7 i can pick up every channel...including all hd (counting the new channels too)... and hd locals???

I have 622 and 211 so im good there...i thought was gettin ea dish and he said he can move the 61.5 to 72.7 and get everything...

so with 72.7 i can pick up every channel...including all hd (counting the new channels too)... and hd locals???

I have 622 and 211 so im good there...i thought was gettin ea dish and he said he can move the 61.5 to 72.7 and get everything...

No, you need both 61.5 and 72.7. An eastern arc dish 61.5/72.7/77 is your best bet.

The HD version of national networks like FOOD, HGTV, etc are still on 61.5 not 72.7. Also your HD locals are on 61.5, the SD version are on 110.

thats what i told him...he just got off the phone with his boss and thanks to you guys...said that we were right and that his boss told him wrong and when he called dish they told him wrong...he tried again and got the correct answer and said he appreciates my understanding and ea is going up and the dish 500 (118,119,110) and 61.5 is coming down ...replacing it with ea dish

thanks again to everyone here at sat guys for the quick responses...

Not on your life. He is going to get his 'natural' eastern arc configuration and he should be good to for years to come. All of these bastardized setups have to go.

Easy for you to say, but I don't have LOS to 77. So 61.5, 72.7, and 110/119 are a must for me. :p

What's in the way of 77? Unless your LIL are on 77 you may not even need it right now.

Yep... but any time if Dish has to move something from 72 to 77 everyone else never notices except for this guy.

Same thing could happen if they slide stuff around on WA since he would have a mixed arc setup. The point of the pure arc setups is they can move stuff around within the arc without affecting anyone.

True dat

Yep... but any time if Dish has to move something from 72 to 77 everyone else never notices except for this guy.

Same thing could happen if they slide stuff around on WA since he would have a mixed arc setup. The point of the pure arc setups is they can move stuff around within the arc without affecting anyone.

this is a true statement.

What's in the way of 77? Unless your LIL are on 77 you may not even need it right now.

I get 61.5 and 72.7 from 2 different dish locations on my garage roof (50 feet back from my house) - through a small opening in the trees. 110/119 dish gives me NY locals in SD - a nice option when storms are in the area - and includes a selection of area PBS and non network SD stations. If things change further, a tree will have to come down to get full EA.

BTW, I know what receive now and would certainly know if there is a change requiring 77. Dish techs were very cooperative in setting up my unorthodox configuration to get all channels that I pay for.

Last edited:
The main risk you run without 77 is that some day they may move your locals to 77. If you do not want to worry about it for a year or so, 61.5/72.7 will probably work. But, some day you may lose channels if they move stuff around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)