Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH and Tegna Reach New Carriage Agreement

● Agreement restores local Tegna stations on DISH​

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Feb. 4, 2022 — DISH Network Corporation today announced it reached a new carriage agreement with Tegna Inc. Local stations have been immediately restored on DISH TV, in time for the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl LVI.

"We're pleased to have reached an agreement in time for the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl that benefits all parties, especially our customers," said Brian Neylon, group president, DISH TV. "I want to thank our customers for their patience and understanding as we worked through the negotiations."

The agreement provides DISH TV subscribers nationwide the ability to tune in to Tegna-owned programming, including news, entertainment and sports.

Thanks for the announcement Scott, if you hadn't done it I would never had known as I already removed the station from my favorites list so the nag bar wouldn't bug me! ;)

Reactions: Tampa8
So now I can delete my timers to OTA WBNS 10.1 for Good Sam, CSI Vegas, FBI: Most Wanted, FBI International, FBI, NCIS Hawaii, NCIS, Bob Hearts Abishola, Seal Team, NCIS Los Angeles, The Equalizer, Blue Bloods, Magnum PI, Swat, The Neighborhood, Bull, Ghosts, United States of Al, and Young Sheldon. I watch a lot of CBS programs.
But now PTAT will record the shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After four months it's about damn time. Tegna should be ashamed. Not sure about dish, but finally this hell is OVAH! Now we can turn our attention to things of far more import like who brings home some gold or the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Thank you to Canada's CTV for backing me up during the hell on Sunday Nights. Congress, start looking into rewriting the Retrans rules, puh-leeze!

For the Phoenix market, it was NBC which isn't usually a huge loss, but it's nice to have the Winter Olympics available. Watching the few things I cared about on OTA was adequate but the convenience of PTAT is appreciated.

Reactions: charlesrshell
For our next three moves, we'll be in the Orlando, Tampa, and Ft Myers, Florida DMA's. NBC and CBS were off in both Tampa and Ft Myers, but CBS is still off in Ft Myers due to another dispute that's apparently gone on since February 2021. The Tampa DMA spot beams for both eastern and western arcs cover our campground near Ochopee in the Ft Myers DMA though, so we'll just stay on that one while we're there. The campground is about 75 air miles from Ft Myers, so I don't know if OTA will work or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell
DISH and Tegna Reach New Carriage Agreement

● Agreement restores local Tegna stations on DISH​

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Feb. 4, 2022 — DISH Network Corporation today announced it reached a new carriage agreement with Tegna Inc. Local stations have been immediately restored on DISH TV, in time for the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl LVI.

"We're pleased to have reached an agreement in time for the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl that benefits all parties, especially our customers," said Brian Neylon, group president, DISH TV. "I want to thank our customers for their patience and understanding as we worked through the negotiations."

The agreement provides DISH TV subscribers nationwide the ability to tune in to Tegna-owned programming, including news, entertainment and sports.
Glad to have them back. Thank you Dish. At least it did go on as long as the Fisher contract, I think in 2009.