The Blacklist

Watched the first episode last night, wife kind of summed it up, not sure I want to keep watching but I want to watch to see what happens next :)

Also the wife thinks, the FBI agent is the daughter of spaders character. I don't think so

Also the wife thinks, the FBI agent is the daughter of spaders character. I don't think so
The writers definitely want us to think they are father-daughter...or at least they are STRONGLY hinting it. Check out the series of edits during the questioning at the beginning of episode 2. They were carefully crafted. At one point the writers were using a proverbial club to beat the audience over the head!
I already deleted last weeks show (I always do right after I watch them) so I can't go back to look up the exact string of edits. But at one point the FBI agent is asked about her father, there is an edit, and Spader answers the question. It was an "a-ha" moment for me.

The writers definitely want us to think they are father-daughter...or at least they are STRONGLY hinting it. Check out the series of edits during the questioning at the beginning of episode 2. They were carefully crafted. At one point the writers were using a proverbial club to beat the audience over the head!
I already deleted last weeks show (I always do right after I watch them) so I can't go back to look up the exact string of edits. But at one point the FBI agent is asked about her father, there is an edit, and Spader answers the question. It was an "a-ha" moment for me.

Yep.. I called it last week. That or Liz, unknown to her, was actually adopted with Spades as the biological papa.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 3

Monday, October 7, 2013

"Wujing": The FBI searches for a high-ranking Chinese spy named Wujing -- whom Red claims hired him to help decode a classified CIA transmission; Liz investigates Tom.

S~

Yep, I liked tonight´s episode.

So now we know she´s not his daughter, mmm but there´s something that has to do with her father.....

I anticipate it will keep the healthy ratings.

The Blacklist garnered a 3.2, down a single tenth from last week’s 3.3 adults 18-49 rating

In total viewers it went from 11.35 last week to 11.26 (subject to final adjustment) for last night´s episode.

It is still ahead of Castle (10.79) and Hostages (5.14)

I´d say those are still strong ratings for The Blacklist.

I got a kick out of this. Producers really didnt do their research for episode2. The scene in Montreal restaurant when Agent Ressler pins the guy against the wall and says 'do you speak English?'1- People in Montreal are billingual 2- They dont have 'Parisian' accents and 3: depending on which side of town they're in, those are fighting words. Same as going to Alabama and yelling 'Nascar sucks' or going to an NCAA meeting and belting out some racist crap. The French/English "feud" in Montreal is pretty bad and an all out brawl is nothing new.

Cheers, K

So now we know she´s not his daughter, mmm but there´s something that has to do with her father.....

Do we really know that and I just missed it?

He stated that the answer and question were more complicated than that and that it had something to do with her father. If I am not mistaken.

?Whats yalls take on the husband?

He stated that the answer and question were more complicated than that and that it had something to do with her father. If I am not mistaken.

You are correct. He did not rule out being her father.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Some call Maury now!

Reddington, you ARE THE FATHER!

Week three of "The Blacklist" has delivered the second-biggest time-shifting increase ever for a broadcast show going from "live plus same day" ratings to "live plus three day," and "Blacklist" now has generated the two highest increases ever and three of the top four.

The Oct. 7 telecast grew by 4.526 million viewers overall going from its L+SD audience of 11.184 million to a L+3 viewership of 15.710 million. The only program in broadcast-network history to add more was the Sept. 30 "Blacklist," which grew by 5.081 million viewers. Number three on the list is the Oct. 3 telecast of CBS's "Big Bang Theory" (4.398 million) and fourth is the Sept. 23 premiere of "The Blacklist" (4.362 million).

Week three of "The Blacklist" retained 96% of the show's week-two viewership in L+3 (15.7 million vs. 16.4 million).The Blacklist grows by 4.5 M viewers in week 3.

Read more about THE BLACKLIST Grows by 4.5M Viewers in Week Three on NBC - BWWTVWorld by www.broadwayworld.com