the Dish 2016 predictions thread: Post your predictions here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I predict Harshness will continue to provide contrarian views in regard to anyone else's new Hopper predictions. :p

(You're going to have quite a bit of crow to eat if the new Hopper has anything close to the # of tuners being tossed around frequently, huh? :D)

Reactions: Troch77
The 16 tuner theory is not so you can record upto 16 channels but to prevent, those agonizing conflicts that we all hate

But if you have conflicts that require 16 tuners then you must be recording a ton.

Well, if you have 3 or 4 people in a household on a single Hopper, each scheduling timers for the programming they prefer, it doesn't seem that far fetched.

I have Hopper n 2 joeys ...and i have conflicts why all that my wife records ...i not gunna add 2 hoppers when i know this new hopper will resolve those issue ...fyi new hopper wally will have same same outter shell as 4k she is a beauty

The 16 tuner theory is not so you can record upto 16 channels but to prevent, those agonizing conflicts that we all hate
There are other soln's to that problem that wouldn't require a 2x of 8 tuners. Even then if you had 8 tuners, how many conflicts could there possibly be? Does Dish really need to great the Hopper 3.0 that the Duggars need?

Second of all, theory? It is either a source(s) or a made up claim. Or can I use you as a source myself?

Its been provide by 2 different sources ...that i have ...havent heard anything different as of yet but when ...i do get updates i will be sure to post ...ces 2016 will be the day. We find out 5th jan 3-345 we shall find out if my source came thru 100

Member since 13 hours ago and you have "sources" that say it has 16 tuners. Hope your right, but odds are your dead wrong.
13 hours dont mean anything used to be a member along time ago when 501,510 522 625 where the sh*t! ...but my service this great country ...stopped me ...so now im back

So it'll have four tuners that record four transponders and appears to be 16 tuners.

And is fed by fiber optic cable, works with Sling TV and all the spectrum Charlie bought, and has Internet fallback.

And, of course, makes that popcorn.

;)

Reactions: osu1991
I just hope the USB Espresso attachment doesn't get delayed much past the release date. My sources tell me they've been having issues with too much bitterness in early testing.

Reactions: navychop
I agree 16 tuners seems a Bit far fetched.
But 4,6 or 8 definitely not out of the question.
Even if they had a 4 Tuner Hopper III and you could add a SuperJoey , that would still be a step in the right direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

But if you have conflicts that require 16 tuners then you must be recording a ton.
As it is with some of those who have many DVRs, they simply don't trust that their DVRs can reliably record and preserve their recordings; especially those poor souls without DVR archiving capability.

Given the current programming schedules for many channels, you get at least four whacks at just about everything other than the broadcast networks and live sporting events. If your DVR scheduler is worth beans, you should be able to hit just about everything but live sports with three or four tuners.

Why are people jumping all over the 'new' person for reporting (16) tuners anyway ? Nice way to welcome them to this site.... :(

He/she isn't even the 1st person to report that it would have that many. Someone else, if not two people, said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Many of us suggested that it could be (16) virtual tuners (4 tuners with all of them having psuedo-PTAT functionality), although still probably difficult to pull off due to HDD limitations.

Perhaps DISH will be the first to implement quantum computing chip-sets and internal HDD's. This will do away with traditional limitations. :)

Reactions: navychop
Why are people jumping all over the 'new' person for reporting (16) tuners anyway ? Nice way to welcome them to this site.... :(

He/she isn't even the 1st person to report that it would have that many. Someone else, if not two people, said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Many of us suggested that it could be (16) virtual tuners (4 tuners with all of them having psuedo-PTAT functionality), although still probably difficult to pull off due to HDD limitations.
I wonder if the PTA, would be more then Just the locals, Because otherwise I see no point in having more PTA options then we currently have.

It already records every show now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The "virtual" tuners just work if what you want to record happens to all be on the same transponder. I.E, if you wanted to record HBO, Showtime, TBS, and ESPN and use only tuner "A" all of those services would be on 1 for instance and none could be on transponder 2 or you would be using two tuners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.