the Dish 2016 predictions thread: Post your predictions here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tivo has no problem using 6 tuners on one coax.
Of course that depends on all channels, in any possible combination, being available on a single coax. DISH isn't set up to break things down to the transponder level yet, much less channel-by-channel.

What has changed that would allow deals with YES and SNY?
YES is kind of at a precipice of not being viable with the number of subscribers they have. Recall that Comcast dumped YES in some important markets (totaling 900,000 subscribers) in 2015.

They may be willing to make some swingin' deals if they can keep the doors open.

I don't know about a prediction but I would like to see more networks added to autohop.
Given the uneven distribution of other networks (some SD, others not available at all in more than a few markets), this doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation.

Yet it is expected in a speculation thread. Someone runs a flag up the pole and we see if it gets burnt or saluted.
We can analyze all this in 2017.
Dish probably doesn't even know what it's going to do in the entire 2016 year since anything can happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I wait a week to watch all CBS shows, if Fox starts the same thing, I May just go to Netflix and get a TiVo bolt. I just bought an Amazon Fire stick with Voice. It was on sale for $35.

Maybe the New LNB remedies this.
With a new LNB technology, they will also need to introduce new tuner technology. It took DIRECTV how long before their FTM (SWiM) was widely supported? Recall that FTM capable equipment was shipping more than ten years ago.

That DISH isn't trying to mix and match will be a big help, but I don't think we see the path yet.

I could see YES. With the FOX deal expiring shortly, and YES owned 70 or 80% by FOX, would they try and add that into the renewal deal? Possibly. That would be the best bet.
YES is kind of at a precipice of not being viable with the number of subscribers they have. Recall that Comcast dumped YES in some important markets (totaling 900,000 subscribers) in 2015.

They may be willing to make some swingin' deals if they can keep the doors open.
Can't see Dish accepting a local sports-only network as part of a national carriage deal for FOX.

Maybe FOX / YES will give the network (YES) to Dish for free as part of a package and this is acceptable to YES given the # of potential viewers it exposes them to. In reality, I can't see FOX / YES doing that but it may be all that Dish will accept.

New deal with Viacom, more channels made available on Sling due to deal with Viacom. Sling goes up $5 a month to cover.

4K makes debut. Dish doesn't merge with anyone. Rate hike at the end of the year. 250 posts from people complaining about Dish pricing, while receiving substantial discounts from Dish.

Bluegras gets his first HDTV.

I'm betting your source is wrong. 16 channels doesn't make any sense in the realm of a DISH DVR.
Of any DVR. Who needs to record 16 channels at one time? It was recently proven by the Large Hadron Collider that no more than 8 channels at a time have programming worth recording.

Reactions: Voyager6
My predictions will be ESPN 4K, many complaints on price increase(including my favorite "dish raises their rates every month", even when once a year). I see Dish making a bid on a telco, my guess would be TMobile, and likely some changes to hardware. More of a wish than a prediction, but I would like to see a cloud storage.

Also I am guessing the return of a popular English program on ppv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.