The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

Yep OTA is a blessing here too because I get ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS in HD OTA but not through Dish. I just wish CW here was in HD too.

Direct Tv doesn't have my locals at all but since I get them in HD OTA I don't really need them.

I'm really thinking about D*. It's $150 for the start up costs then it's about the same per month as what I pay now.

Is the contract for 1 year or 2? I hate contracts so that's the biggest thing I'm looking at as a negative right now.

Unless it's recently changed, it's 24 months. Don't forget the AAA discount. I assume they still have that discount altho I haven't looked lately. Also have an existing D* sub refer you and get the referral dollars back from them.

I must admit that even I am surprised by this one. So unusual for Charlie to give a firm date, that I was sure this one would happen on time.

Yes, I know it's not midnight (and didn't Fox News come on pretty late last month?), but if they intended to keep their word, there's no reason everything wouldn't have been ready to roll for the afternoon uplink. I've been a DISH fan for so long, but they are just so incompetent now. Still a better deal for me than D*, so I stay around. But I REALLY hate dealing with unprofessionals.

I am sorry to hear this. Hopefully you guys will get these channels today and everything thus far is an April Fools joke.

What is even more surprising is that this date came directly out of Charlies mouth.

Yeah, if I wasn't such a lazy ass I would leave Dish, oh well, another UFC Fight Night in SD.....ARGGGGGGGG. It was lining up to be so perfect for tonight. Nooooooooooo!:eek:

Maybe Dish heard that Scott is at T-Ball practice and they don't want him to miss the National HD Uplink... Come on Scott, Get Home so we can get new National HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts