The holiday channel

Jeff003

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2004
I know it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas but in less then a month the holiday music channel 982 will be back on dish.Last year it started a week before Thanksgiving.I'm looking foward to it.I listen to this channel when I'm putting up my Christmas Tree around Thanksgiving.

For the last umpteen years it makes its appearance two Wendesdays before Thanksgiving and goes to the first or second week of January. :)

From www.dishchannelchart.com archive of changes.

Added 11/20/00
Removed 1/9/01

Added 11/14/01
Removed 1/16/02

Added 11/13/02
Removed 1/15/03

Added 11/19/03
Removed 1/15/04

Added 11/18/04
Removed 1/5/05

Added 11/16/05
Removed 1/4/06

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
A little early? The local Kmart has had their Christmas stuff out for over 3 weeks already! :D

Last edited:
At the risk of stirring up the secular crowd, I'd sure like to see the return of Christmas Carols to the channel. This is, of course, up to Sirrius to decide. I called them last year and they said they would refer the request to the programming department and they would get back to me, but they didn't. I have a new Chrysler 300C:D that came with Sirrius, but I won't be renewing the service. Not much there that I enjoy.

Our local Lowe's had there stuff out mid-August! Doesn't matter to me, I usually put out about 25,000 lights here. I love it! Best time of the year if you ask me!

Lowes and Wal-Mart both here, have had there stuff out for over a month now.

Lowes and Wal-Mart both here, have had there stuff out for over a month now.

opps sorry for double post, new IE7 locked up.

After my visit to Home Depot this past weekend, I see the holidays in a new light.

And the Great Santa rises from the pumpkin patch and distributes turkeys to all the good little children whose daddies bought the end of season close out lawn mowers.

- - -

I think next year I'll do a LOT of decorating for Halloween, and little or nothing at Xmas.

After my visit to Home Depot this past weekend, I see the holidays in a new light.

And the Great Santa rises from the pumpkin patch and distributes turkeys to all the good little children whose daddies bought the end of season close out lawn mowers.

:D That was classic!!! :up

Yeah, the Halloween and Christmas displays fighting for attention strikes me as a bit ironic. Good and evil doing battle right there in Aisle Ten. Jesus and Santa on one side, Satan and any character from Star Wars or Warner Brothers on the other.

Lots of stores and mall shops put Christmas stuff in August. I don't mind.

I don't mind either. I'm one of those people most of you probably hate. I love the Christmas music channels and start playing them as early as they start broadcasting! I'm not much of an "organized" Religion type guy either. It's just that time of the season has so many great memories, and I just love all of those feelings.

As to the decorations in the stores. I was in Lowe's yesterday and saw some of the greatest inflatable lawn ornaments I've ever seen. They're getting very creative with them...of course they're also ridiculously expensive!

I've noticed a change in 982 since I've been listening.For a while they was playing a lot of Christmas rock and r and b and mixing it with their soft holiday music.Now it sounds like it did last year with mostly the soft stuff from the Carpenters,Doris Day and others.This is the way I prefer it.For a while I thought they was going to change the format to holiday r and b and rock.Has anyone else noticed they have tweeked this channel other then me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)