The Latest in Computer News

Doing something new here at SatelliteGuys, to help improve the usability of the Computer and Electronics GadgetZone forum and to encourage more discussion. Our pub member Poke does us a great service in identifying lots of news threads related to technology. We are going to try to have these news items posted in this thread, which will remain as a "Sticky" at the top of the forum. If there are any posts that people want to create stand-alone threads for, they are more than welcome to do that. And occasionally the staff monitoring this forum will pull posts into their own threads.

(I'll be moving a bunch of threads here momentarily). Thanks!

Reactions: Rey
Can I just request that poke give a better description of the news item in the post (what he formerly put in the thread title)? It's hard to figure out if some articles interest me with just his comment and the partial URL.

Can I just request that poke give a better description of the news item in the post (what he formerly put in the thread title)? It's hard to figure out if some articles interest me with just his comment and the partial URL.

Good suggestion. I am sorry that the old thread titles disappeared. Apparently Xenforo does not permit post titles.

Also, ANYONE can post news links in this thread. But you can also create separate substantive threads, which include more than just links. :)

An up close look at the giant gaming PC that's also a desk

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/04/desk-pc-desk-pc-desk/

Hmm this is a cool PC desk but the only thing I don't like is how the monitor is setup on it I would keep mine on top of the desk. Either way I really like how you can see and get to your hardware it's a cool idea for sure... :)

Yeah I plan on getting one at some point they look really nice.. :)

Yeah I plan on getting one at some point they look really nice.. :)
If I had more space I could have a 4K front and center and my two current monitors turned vertically on either side.
Sadly, I don't have the space. I also don't think my current work laptop could handle three displays or even a 4K display.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've been reading about them in some Surface forums, almost all very positive comments. They seem to like the lighter design and the bigger screen. And there's been some comments concerning getting a new battery installed if needed later. On the Surface Pro and Pro 2 MS gets around $400 I've heard for a battery change, the new SP3 will be very much cheaper than that, I've heard around the $100 mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts