The Leftovers on HBO

Premiere Date For Damon Lindelof’s HBO Series ‘The Leftovers’ Pushed By 2 Weeks

The high-concept drama, Lindelof’s follow-up series to Lost, shut down two weeks ago after wrapping Episode 6 for what HBO described at the time as “a short hiatus to prep our final episodes.” There is no date set yet for resuming production, leading to today’s announcement. “Our production schedule shifted and subsequently that necessitated a change in our debut date,” HBO said. On June 15, the premiere of The Leftovers was going to follow the sure-to-be-huge season finale of Game Of Thrones. Such a great launching platform is hard to let go to waste, so HBO brass could slate a preview of The Leftovers’ pilot episode or the final season debut of True Blood behind it.

deadline.com

I guess I'm not the target market for this as I wasn't for 'Girls'. :)

I watched the premier and was bored to tears. I'll record the next episode just to see if somehow they can salvage what I consider a very poor showing for a Premier that got all the blather this one did, or should I spell that 'dud'?

I would have to agree, I do not understand it. They kept saying 2% disappeared, and yet there seemed to be too many in the town to be only 2%. If the average family is 4 (although I believe less now), only one person per 12-13 families should have vanished.

Looks like the central focus will be on the Police Chief's family. He and his daughter at home, his wife in the local cult and the son doing the strange thing out west, probably another cult.

I will try another couple episodes to see if anything develops. It needs something to start happening other than watching a lot of broken people trying to cope with a few people that vanished years ago.

Yeah, the 2% number and the number of families directly affected in that town and seemingly all over, just didn't match up.

I noted that the beginning, with the vanishings was a real grabber and then 3 years later, dud!

I will say I've never heard of a cult that had smoking as a big part of their ritual, that was uh, interesting... :)

Can't even begin to guess how many times I thought WTF?, including why in the world HBO would green light it. Doubtful I will go for seconds, especially after seeing the upcoming preview. WTF?

Can't even begin to guess how many times I thought WTF?, including why in the world HBO would green light it. Doubtful I will go for seconds, especially after seeing the upcoming preview. WTF?

My thinking exactly. There has to be something more, a big audience grabber coming up soon for HBO to have green lighted it. Perhaps more people will disappear, maybe they will start coming back, or perhaps something else. Watching a bunch of people just wallowing around in misery is just not entertaining to me.

My thinking exactly. There has to be something more, a big audience grabber coming up soon for HBO to have green lighted it. Perhaps more people will disappear, maybe they will start coming back, or perhaps something else. Watching a bunch of people just wallowing around in misery is just not entertaining to me.

Obviously soap operas wouldn't appeal to you. You described them to a T: "a bunch of people just wallowing around in misery".:nana

hmm,not sure I even want to watch the premiere episode now.Sounds like a pretty rotten show from satguys reviews.

hmm,not sure I even want to watch the premiere episode now.Sounds like a pretty rotten show from satguys reviews.

I probably should not have watched it until more episodes came out and there were more reviews, but it is HBO, and somehow they made the previews look interesting.

Previews looked great, sadly I found it dreadfully boring. Could not finish the episode, I may try again but it does not seem to be a winner in my book.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm sorry, I did watch this show and the animal cruelty scenes decided it for me. I won't be watching any more. The shooting of the dog for no reason and the elk or deer being eaten alive by a pack of stray dogs while it was squealing horribly in pain , totally grossed me out.:wtf2 The rest of the show was just boring.

Am I the only one who was riveted to the TV screen watching this show? I had a couple of WTF moments, but I kept in mind that I was still being introduced to the universe. I can't say I liked the entire episode, but at no time did I ask myself why I was watching it. I did roll my eyes more than once at the cliched father/daughter dynamic. But overall, I thought it was a reasonable depiction of the slow madness that would take over the population when an event of this magnitude takes place. I hesitate to draw the parallel to the 2001 attacks, but this country went bat-sh*t crazy over the deaths of less than 0.001% if its population. I only bring this up to make the point of the psychological impact on those not directly affected, not to spur a political discussion.

Was it overly intense? Maybe. It was only the first episode. I'll see what others bring.

BTW this limited series is based on a book by the same name.

After 2 episodes, I think I will let them start to build up and see if something gets reported later that makes it must see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)