The Love of My B-Day. Walmart Special Deal on BD/PS3 11/24-11/25

Well, I consider myself a walmart regular and guess what, so do many of my friends who happen to be 3 doctors, 4 dentists, 1 lawyer (ok, their low on the list :) but at least this one fights against dead-beat dads), 2 state police, and just some good old blue-collar factory workers. Not a single one of them do I consider any form of trash. Local walmarts have everything from college kid beater cars to BMW's and Mercedes. Walmart customers are no different that Target or Bestbuy etc. I see no glaringly different type of people at walmart that I see everywhere else.

I guess I'm just a trashy scum bag blinded by my couple visits a month to walmart.
Ho-hum. gotta go get my 30 dogs off my porch so I can get to my 10 cars up on blocks in my yard and go drink some beer with people in the street and wait for my welfare check for all my kids from 3 mothers.

Vurbano,
Now a single BD title in my local walmart's is over $30 except box sets.

I said most Walmart shoppers, as in a majority of them, are low class scumbags. I didn't say all. Nobody did! It isn't just a stereotype (30 dogs off porch, blah blah blah), there are demographics to back up this claim.

There is nothing wrong with Walmart as a store, their pricing, etc. The problem lies with the shoppers. You offer cheap prices, you get scumbags, among the doctors, lawyers, etc. The customers are just heavily weighed towards the low class because of their low prices.

And yes, demographic data shows a difference between Target and Walmart. The Target shoppers are higher on the economic ladder than the Walmart shoppers. I think it goes without saying that Best Buy has fewer scumbags than Walmart too.

I am not trying to be cruel or hurtful to anybody. But the facts are facts.

I am by no means rich or dressed to the nines, but I work, do not collect welfare or use foodstamps, and I sure as hell take a shower. I care about my appearance. I would never go to the store smelling like poop with dirty unwashed skin and clothing. I would never appear the way a majority of the Walmart shoppers appear.

Again, this does not mean EVERYBODY shopping at Walmart is low class. Don't take offense to this because you shop there. The people I am referring to that are scumbags probably don't even recognize their social status and the fact that they need a shower.

Good luck to all who venture in to get this PS3 deal. I admire you for fighting that crowd. Which by the way, every year for the last four or five years there have been news stories about black Friday fights breaking out. Where are they? Walmart, for the most part.

Anybody ever wondering why sometimes Americans are hated in the world, shouldn't look any further than this...

Diogen.

The truth hurts to some I guess. Why don't you tell that pregnant woman that was trampled at Walmart last black Friday that Walmart isn't full of scumbags. She knew first hand, when she was knocked over going after a black Friday sale item.

Don't take my post out of context. Clipping part of what I said, referring to me as an example of why America is hated. Much of the hatred towards America is spawned from jealousy. Let's get real Diogen!

hpman, damn man I am still stuck with my babe 60GB launch date, I got a question for you? Is this your 2nd PS3 that you bought? :)

Well, I consider myself a walmart regular and guess what, so do many of my friends who happen to be 3 doctors, 4 dentists, 1 lawyer (ok, their low on the list :) but at least this one fights against dead-beat dads), 2 state police, and just some good old blue-collar factory workers. Not a single one of them do I consider any form of trash. Local walmarts have everything from college kid beater cars to BMW's and Mercedes. Walmart customers are no different that Target or Bestbuy etc. I see no glaringly different type of people at walmart that I see everywhere else.

I guess I'm just a trashy scum bag blinded by my couple visits a month to walmart.
Ho-hum. gotta go get my 30 dogs off my porch so I can get to my 10 cars up on blocks in my yard and go drink some beer with people in the street and wait for my welfare check for all my kids from 3 mothers.

Vurbano,
Now a single BD title in my local walmart's is over $30 except box sets.

I often hear people say that thier local Wal-Mart is not like the stereotype. Maybe so, maybe the area you live in is uniquely affluent or polite. Or, maybe the area you live in is so desolate that it is the only place to shop at all. Maybe a combination of factors. All I know is, I have been in easily 50 different Wal-Marts around the country; everything from economically depressed rural Alabama to the most Swanky wealthy Massachusetts suburbs. And with the exception of Key West, they have always been filled with the most vile subhuman trash I have ever experienced in my life. Sure I am an educated engineer who makes damn good money, and ocassionally I shop there (got my $99 HD-DVD!!!); but when I leave, I feel like I should be quarantined by the CDC for a month. In my area there is usually a Target within 2 miles of every Wal-Mart, and I would put up a weeks pay to bet against anyone who can prove that there is not a clear difference in clientel. I don't care if I have to pay $0.10 more for a bottle of Tylenol, I will always go out of my way NOT to go to Wal-Mart.

I often hear people say that thier local Wal-Mart is not like the stereotype. Maybe so, maybe the area you live in is uniquely affluent or polite. Or, maybe the area you live in is so desolate that it is the only place to shop at all. Maybe a combination of factors. All I know is, I have been in easily 50 different Wal-Marts around the country; everything from economically depressed rural Alabama to the most Swanky wealthy Massachusetts suburbs. And with the exception of Key West, they have always been filled with the most vile subhuman trash I have ever experienced in my life. Sure I am an educated engineer who makes damn good money, and ocassionally I shop there (got my $99 HD-DVD!!!); but when I leave, I feel like I should be quarantined by the CDC for a month. In my area there is usually a Target within 2 miles of every Wal-Mart, and I would put up a weeks pay to bet against anyone who can prove that there is not a clear difference in clientel. I don't care if I have to pay $0.10 more for a bottle of Tylenol, I will always go out of my way NOT to go to Wal-Mart.

I agree with you completely. This board, and this world, need a little honesty like this. You hit the nail on the head. If some of the folks here don't like it, they either stay silent or bitch about us being prejudice against Walmart Shoppers. What they should be doing is digging up resources to prove their argument that Walmart isn't filled with subhumans, or join us in speaking the truth. Thanks for not candy-coating things. It is what it is. Walmart is for the most part a scumbag magnet.

Wow.

I'm not even sure what else to say.

I'm not going to argue that Wal-Mart's customer base isn't different than somewhere else, because it is, but come on - subhuman? scumbag? Grow up a little and learn to have some respect for people who are different.

Funny how things change so fast. When Walmart dumped it's inventory of Toshiba HD-A2s it was considered a desperate attempt at sales by the HD camp according to the BD folks.
Now trying to stir some sales of the languishing PS3 by giving a way even more discs is considered a brilliant sales strategy??

Funny how things change so fast. When Walmart dumped it's inventory of Toshiba HD-A2s it was considered a desperate attempt at sales by the HD camp according to the BD folks.
Now trying to stir some sales of the languishing PS3 by giving a way even more discs is considered a brilliant sales strategy??

To be clear, Wal-Mart didn't dump THEIR inventory of A2's. They made a special arrangement to dump TOSHIBA's inventroy of A2's, as did other retailers. Wal-Mart wasn't carrying A2's apart from that sale.

Personally, I don't have a problem with either side having these kind of sales. They both realize that they need to increase their installed base and customer loyalty/attach rate, and they both have their own ideas of how to do it.

I've been filling out 'Free Disc w/ purchase' coupons/rebates of late and it struck me as quite familiar...this was common in the early days of DVD. I was always trawling the web looking for site coupons and there were a lot of studio 'Buy X, get X Free' mail-in deals through those heady late-90s days. It was a fledgeling format and it was a common sales technique to drum up business, especially when most folks were used to basement pricing on VHS tapes...you had to entice them to spend the extra cash to get the new shiny discs in their homes. Telling them it was better wasn't enough.

Now, slashing prices on hardware so early in the game--that's a new tactic we've not seen at these significant drop rates in a consumer platform EVER. Well, except for the iPhone ;). I'm not complaining, mind you...I'm just saying.

Heavy discounting/promotional on software is not unusual--gross loss-leading on the CE hardware of this type, that's something new (outside of game consoles and desktop printers, where its been the norm for years).

Would it be asking too much to move these trash/scumbags/subhuman/lowest of the low posts to the pit?
Or maybe the whole thread since it has certainly nothing to do with PS3 deals or anything else HD/BD related.

Thanks.
Diogen.

Under 30 dollars. No $34.99 BD's

Vurbano, whree do you shop? I haven't ever seen a $34.99 BD at Walmart. As a matter of fact, except for the BD Box sets I have never seen a BD at Walmart over $27.99. Maybe you need to get out a little more?;)

Would it be asking too much to move these trash/scumbags/subhuman/lowest of the low posts to the pit?
Or maybe the whole thread since it has certainly nothing to do with PS3 deals or anything else HD/BD related.

Thanks.
Diogen.

Gee Diogen, you really hate it when you are in the minority in a post. You and Vurbano are constantly going into the BluRay Forum to try and hijack any news or discussion about BluRay so that you two can dump trash on the conversation. Now you get a post in the War Zone and all you can do is cry??? Folks in this post are excited about getting a PS3 at a better price then ever and getting a very cool deal with BluRay movies. Nothing you or Vurbano can say is going to deter these folks. You guys just don't get it -- folks are actually excited about lower cost PS3s and lower cost BluRay standalones. This must really be eating at you. Come to think of it, you and Vurbano have usually been in the minority lately -- get used to it.

Gee Diogen, you really hate it when you are in the minority in a post.
WTF?
Do you even know what I was referring to in my post?
Did you read the posts above mine? Geeez...

And btw, not belonging to the majority worshiping Joe_The_Stupid is an honor, not a curse...

Diogen.

Who needs black friday? Go to a walmart when the government entitlement checks come out.........WOW. I stay away on the 1st and the 15th for sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)