The new stophdlite.com

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey guys, the new stophdlite.com site is up. Please continue all discussions of HD LITE over there. You can register for access at to the war zone by clicking on the link. Also, Stophdlite.com is no way trying to compete here. I have heard in the past if we did launch a forum some users may feel that way. When I created the forum for Stophdlite I kept that in mind, and I wanted it to complement satelliteguys and be an extension of it. More like a 2nd home you can go to, to discuss hdlite. So get your news here, then go over to the hdlite.com warzone and have at it as far as hdlite. :)

The Flash intro is annoying but the music is absolutely horrible. Might be a great site and I hate HD lite but I didn't even go past the first screen. My $.02.

Thanks for visiting, the flash intro really isnt that bad.. I love the hell out of the music, ( I listen to techno and trance on a regular basis ) So to me its a good beat, what do others think?

goaliebob99 said:
Thanks for visiting, the flash intro really isnt that bad.. I love the hell out of the music, ( I listen to techno and trance on a regular basis ) So to me its a good beat, what do others think?
Goalie, keep up the great work, I like it!!!:up

goaliebob99 said:

I love techno/trance/house music but I don't want it playing over what I'm already listening to.

------------

http://www.wowwebdesigns.com/power_guides/music_off.php

"Conclusion: Keep the music off by default, and write the name of the song and optionally the genre next to the sound controls. In this way, your visitors can make an informed decision."

nicknageli said:
I love techno/trance/house music but I don't want it playing over what I'm already listening to.

------------

http://www.wowwebdesigns.com/power_guides/music_off.php

"Conclusion: Keep the music off by default, and write the name of the song and optionally the genre next to the sound controls. In this way, your visitors can make an informed decision."

I understand that, its only the 30 second intro.. the way I look at it they could click right away, Im going so see if i can imbedd a way to skip the flash intro if a user wants to :)

knasty said:

Well, that was constructive.... Oh and nice 2nd post.

Anyways bob, I won't make a music comment, I don't care what you put on it, but may a Skip Intro link so people know they can click past the music etc.

As for the site, it's much upgraded and nicely refined from previous design!

It still has the intro. I notice that the Flash image is a hyperlink, so that clicking on it takes me to the home page.

It's pretty and all. Very well done, btw. But, I just hate Flash Intros altogether. Just do. Total waste of time.

Imagine if you went to a museum, and before you could look at any painting or sculpture, you'd have to sit through a 30 second intro?

Don't care for museums? Then, how about if every time you changed channels, you'd have a 30 second intro before being able to view that channel. Even if you could then skip it, would you want to be bothered having to deal with it at all?

I thought not.

GaryPen said:
It still has the intro. I notice that the Flash image is a hyperlink, so that clicking on it takes me to the home page.

It's pretty and all. Very well done, btw. But, I just hate Flash Intros altogether. Just do. Total waste of time.

Imagine if you went to a museum, and before you could look at any painting or sculpture, you'd have to sit through a 30 second intro?

Don't care for museums? Then, how about if every time you changed channels, you'd have a 30 second intro before being able to view that channel. Even if you could then skip it, would you want to be bothered having to deal with it at all?

I thought not.

It should go straight to the home page, I took out the flash intro. try hitting refresh in your browser..

About to order dish

HD only a la carte? where is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts