The Next Channel On E* We All Want

The clip on antennas don't always work well for every situation. They do work fine for me and my situation . I am within 24 miles from all tv stations. My dad is between two 2 story houses and gets all the same hd stations as I do except the NBC station that is out of view.

Based on the posts so far, there is no one channel that "We All Want" added to E*. Doesn't even look to be a clear leader.

Sure there is: SciFi HD

I've seen that one channel more times in more threads, not just this one, than any other channel.

Probably a stupid question..but why couldn't the satellite dish you're attaching to your roof either serve as an antenna..or provide a pre-cut place to hook some type of antenna to the back of the dish assembly itself? Seems like that would be much easier for DISH and the millions of us without HD locals rather than stringing wires for another antenna. Is it because so many dishes don't go up high enough or aren't really in optimal places to pull in OTA signals? I bet those on here who don't want an antenna would fancy a cool dish-designed antenna that connects to and blends in with the dish itself. Then all your neighors could say oooooo, what kind of special programming is HE getting? ;)
None of my Satellite's are on the roof.Otherwise thats would be a good idea.I'm 28 miles from the nearest Tv stations. Doesn't sound far right? But I'm right in a low valley, All around me is mountains. I got MT,Cobb in front Skytop in back MT Pocono to the left and Tanglewood to the right. I'm screwed for OTA.

Really? Gee, I guess that's why it's WHAT WE WANT NEXT, not what's already showing on DirecTV but we don't get it.

Nice, but DISH can't add a channel that is NOT available.
I would like Spike HD but it would be Stupid to add it to a list of channels that DISH should add NEXT. I think DISH has some quality and not so quality channels that are available today to choose from.
I thought the word "realistic" implied the list should be realistic.

channels iwant added to dish

yes
btn
comcas sprot net philadelphy
foxsprotswiconsin
foxsprotshouston
padres de sandieogchanel
mavtv
euorport
euosport news
rtn retrotelvison entwork
mtv jamz
mtv 3es
vhi soul
vh1rok
betjzz
chiler
hbo zone
hbo the works
thrilermax
axtion max
5max
Sauntrackchannel
Animenetwork
Thefight
wwwe 24(/7
alothermovie premiums and rsn able
tyc sport internaconal
telefe
sorpresa
caracolitnrnaconal
etb sat
tv valencia
52mx usa feed
A3 interancionakl
EXatv

west cost tvland and usanetwork

lafamilai network

Religus channel
mariavson
elsembrador
setanta extra

move educatv to110/119

Concerning BBC - the US rights are owned by Discovery Network that runs "BBC America" channel. BBC World News is available, but the fact that Dish has never added it over the past 10 years, makes it unlikely that they ever will. Frankly, I don't see any new SD channels added - that's so 20th Century. :D

In any event, Dish cannot add foreign channels like BBC1, BBC2, etc. because other channels have US rights to the programs. This applies to most foreign programming, and most of the international channels are actually special US feeds, with US advertising inserted, etc.

PS MHZ World is easily available for free with an FTA setup (total cost less than $100).

Concerning BBC - the US rights are owned by Discovery Network that runs "BBC America" channel. BBC World News is available, but the fact that Dish has never added it over the past 10 years, makes it unlikely that they ever will. Frankly, I don't see any new SD channels added - that's so 20th Century. :D

In any event, Dish cannot add foreign channels like BBC1, BBC2, etc. because other channels have US rights to the programs. This applies to most foreign programming, and most of the international channels are actually special US feeds, with US advertising inserted, etc.

PS MHZ World is easily available for free with an FTA setup (total cost less than $100).

Discovery Networks only started offering BBC World in the last year or so. Only Cablevision and more recently Fios have picked it up, but it has not been aggressively offered here by BBC/Discovery before 2006.

There are still a number of SD channels worth adding--if we were to apply the HD litmus test, we wouldnt have been rewarded with Setanta today.

Nice, but DISH can't add a channel that is NOT available.
I would like Spike HD but it would be Stupid to add it to a list of channels that DISH should add NEXT. I think DISH has some quality and not so quality channels that are available today to choose from.
I thought the word "realistic" implied the list should be realistic.

I'll have to look again but I thought DirecTV said they were going to offer SciFi HD as one of their 100 channels...

I thought this thread was about channels that are available now? A lot of these channels are HD channels that isn't even a channel yet, ex SciFi HD, USA HD, etc. Direct TV says they are adding these channels, however they will be stretching the SD version to fit a 16x9 screen, it won't be a true HD channel until they launch the true HD channel version which is yet to be determined. Sheesh!

I say we need all the west coast feeds that are available. :up

I thought this thread was about channels that are available now?
I guess a vote for SciFi HD (which I want too) is a vote for no more channels until it finally launches. :(
A lot of these channels are HD channels that isn't even a channel yet, ex SciFi HD, USA HD, etc. Direct TV says they are adding these channels, however they will be stretching the SD version to fit a 16x9 screen, it won't be a true HD channel until they launch the true HD channel version which is yet to be determined. Sheesh!
I don't think D* is going to offer an upconverted version of any sd channels. Their empty promise is based on the new HD channels going live this year and counting NFL, MLB, PPV's and any other way to get to 100.

I'd like to see the Chiller Channel and Weather Scan added to the Sd lineup as I don't have Hd right now.

I think we have enough channels.

The concentration needs to be on weeding out the junk channels and converting the rest to full 1080X1920 and 720X1280 HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)