The NFL Blotter Report

So are most teenage boys.... my point is anyone can take "whip" out of context which is what you just did. However, I dont know how the subject of slavery made its way into this thread...but congrats nonetheless.

Hitting anyone is wrong period...irrelevant of the circumstance.

Isn't it amazing how bad the Vikings screwed this situation up? They just watched the Raven's and the NFL get hammered over the Rice issue but they go and screw it up, in many way, much worse. Are the owners and GM's in the NFL capable of learning from other's mistakes? I guess we will see with Carolina, Arizona, and San Fran as they all have issues with domestic violence.

So are most teenage boys...
spanking teens is non effective. Spankings generally are only effective with young children as at that age consequences work best when handled immediately. Older ages though, groundings and loss of privileges work best.

I don't think I ever spanked the older kids once they got past 9 or 10. Maybe not even that old.

There's no statute of limitations or double jeopardy in the Neo-stalinist/Cultural Revolution "Court of Public Opinion" lynch mob,get a rope.

Domestic violence accusations against NFL involve Brandon Marshall
https://news.yahoo.com/video/domestic-violence-accusations-against-nfl-233014281.html
Brandon Marshall is the latest NFL player to be at the center of the league's domestic violence controversy.

While we're at it,Ben Roethlisberger. This "McCarthyist" witch hunt will end immediately if they go back after him,again,for what happened in the past & WAS ALREADY HANDLED PROPERLY & TAKEN CARE OF.

Going to play a bit of Devil's advocate here.. :devilish

Why is it...

Spanking/whipping/striking your child w/ a belt/switch/branch is called disciplining your child.
BUT
Spanking/whipping/striking your spouse w/ a belt/switch/branch is called domestic abuse ?

I would never hit a woman and especially would never strike a child so I dont understand why
one is OK and not the other.

Reactions: Hart5150
Going to play a bit of Devil's advocate here.. :devilish

Why is it...

Spanking/whipping/striking your child w/ a belt/switch/branch is called disciplining your child.
BUT
Spanking/whipping/striking your spouse w/ a belt/switch/branch is called domestic abuse ?

I would never hit a woman and especially would never strike a child so I dont understand why
one is OK and not the other.

I'm guessing it's because children are handled different that adults. Adults know better than children and should be aware of consequences. Children need to be taught what consequences are. I still don't think physically hitting a child with an object is the right way to do it but spanking can go a long way. Pain usually proves to be one the best ways to learn from mistakes. That or we just rub their noses in it, works with dogs.

I dont believe in spanking... Some people do, some dont.. no problem here. But I draw the line when an object is used.
Seeing the pictures of AP's child injuries...that is child abuse.

All I have to do is raise my voice and I have my son's attention. I really don't have to spank him to get the point across. If raising my voice doesn't work then I just take his iPad away, that really gets his attention.

Reactions: Hart5150
A lawyer on Fox News said that NFL players are being allowed to play the "Knockout Game." Turns out he was talking about Ray Rice,I thought that he meant that the NFL was allowing players to play the knockout game "ON THE FIELD."

Now it is being hinted that Reggie Bush could face some trouble because of his remarks about his disciplining his one year old. What Bush said is stupid and if you have to physically discipline a one year old, well, you are an idiot and you shouldn't be a parent, in my opinion. But, to open one up to possible investigation or discipline just for expressing an opinion is stupid. Social politics see's an opening with the NFL and they are taking full advantage.

Now it is being hinted that Reggie Bush could face some trouble because of his remarks about his disciplining his one year old. What Bush said is stupid and if you have to physically discipline a one year old, well, you are an idiot and you shouldn't be a parent, in my opinion. But, to open one up to possible investigation or discipline just for expressing an opinion is stupid. Social politics see's an opening with the NFL and they are taking full advantage.
A simple pat to the backside(i.e. bum) with the palm of your hand would be appropriate,as hopefully the padding from the one year old's diaper should deflect most of the blow. ANYTHING above that is highly inappropriate. Nowadays,what's stupid in today's PC environment is opening your mouth that you spank your kids period.

A simple pat to the backside(i.e. bum) with the palm of your hand would be appropriate,as hopefully the padding from the one year old's diaper should deflect most of the blow. ANYTHING above that is highly inappropriate. Nowadays,what's stupid in today's PC environment is opening your mouth that you spank your kids period.
That's why we have laws on the book that protect parents that use reasonable corporal punishment.

spanking teens is non effective. Spankings generally are only effective with young children as at that age consequences work best when handled immediately. Older ages though, groundings and loss of privileges work best.

I don't think I ever spanked the older kids once they got past 9 or 10. Maybe not even that old.
I know that schools have continued to paddle students well into their high school years(whether it's effective or not is a different story). I'm going to say something HIGHLY controversial & very divisive,if you have a child too old to be "spanked," besides groundings & loss of privileges,if your "older" child does something egregious enough that warrants MORE than grounding(like if he/she disrespects you & curses at you),a SINGULAR slap to the face(once,ONLY ONCE) should send the message that they are out of line. They should be old enough that the risk of brain damage is low,& there are times you need to IMMEDIATELY get their attention about something they did wrong. Again,I know that not everybody will agree with this view.

I know that schools have continued to paddle students well into their high school years(whether it's effective or not is a different story). I'm going to say something HIGHLY controversial & very divisive,if you have a child too old to be "spanked," besides groundings & loss of privileges,if your "older" child does something egregious enough that warrants MORE than grounding(like if he/she disrespects you & curses at you),a SINGULAR slap to the face(once,ONLY ONCE) should send the message that they are out of line. They should be old enough that the risk of brain damage is low,& there are times you need to IMMEDIATELY get their attention about something they did wrong. Again,I know that not everybody will agree with this view.
If they are too old to be spanked,they're old enough for a slap in the face. You're just hitting "different cheeks."

Last edited:

tony stewart hits driver

Michael Sam tweets his departure from football, citing mental health

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)