The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm no Letterman fan but don't you think he has been thinking about retiring for a while??
A guy named Fallon forced him into retirement??? Please!

I would imagine its crossed his mind for several years now, then when Jay retired (for good), Letterman probably said, ok, I outlasted Leno, I can retire now.

I would imagine its crossed his mind for several years now, then when Jay retired (for good), Letterman probably said, ok, I outlasted Leno, I can retire now.

I'm sure the fact that Dave has more than enough money to last him in his lifetime didn't hurt either. Why keep working if you don't need to ? If I was him I would of retired and did what ever I wanted to, the rest of my life.

I'm sure the fact that Dave has more than enough money to last him in his lifetime didn't hurt either. Why keep working if you don't need to ? If I was him I would of retired and did what ever I wanted to, the rest of my life.
Some people just love their job too much. Look at Leno. He may be "retired" from the tonight show but he's still doing stand up shows almost everyday. I don't expect Leno to actually retire anytime soon unless god forbid something happens to him.

That's true. Some people work to live -like me , and others LIVE to WORK. Many of the older generations really loved their work and often when they did finally retire, they died within a few months. I worked with a man Mr. Stevens that finally retired from the prison we worked at when he was 62 and within 2 months he was on oxygen and had a cane. Another 4 months and he was dead. So within 6 months he went from someone that climbed over 57 steps a day to get into the gun tower, then back down , drove a periguard vehicle for 3 hours and then climbed another 57 steps to do his last 3 hours, and then down in a 12 hour shift, to death within 6months after he retired.

Another example was another guy who worked with me in the gun towers who was around 65, Mr. Whipkey. HE worked even when he was sick and did the same climbing of 57 steps and down etc, and one day he called to the supervisor and said he didn't feel well. She of course was a complete douche bag and didn't send anyone to relieve him for over 4 hours. When I finally got him down from the picket and into the state vehicle , he was having a heart attack. Of course this same supervisor decided to send him to the prison infirmary -where they can't treat the staff, only the inmates. He died within minutes while waiting for an ambulance to get to him from the backgate. Now if she hadn't of slow-bucked getting him relieved , he might of had a 4 hour window to get some help. But instead he refused to leave his post or to try to go over her head, because he was afraid of jeopardizing his job. That work attitude was finally what did him in .

Leno is somewhat retired and is still working.

Somehow, when Dave retires, I think he is done ... he won't be doing stand ups.

Jimmy finally gets a week off....all repeats next week:

Mo 4/14: Will Smith, U2 (R 2/17/14)
Tu 4/15: Jerry Seinfeld, Kristen Wiig, Lady Gaga (R 2/18/14)
We 4/16: Bradley Cooper, Tim McGraw (R 2/19/14)
Th 4/17: Michelle Obama, Will Ferrell, Arcade Fire (R 2/20/14)
Fr 4/18: Justin Timberlake (R 2/21/14)

Jimmy finally gets a week off....all repeats next week:

Mo 4/14: Will Smith, U2 (R 2/17/14)
Tu 4/15: Jerry Seinfeld, Kristen Wiig, Lady Gaga (R 2/18/14)
We 4/16: Bradley Cooper, Tim McGraw (R 2/19/14)
Th 4/17: Michelle Obama, Will Ferrell, Arcade Fire (R 2/20/14)
Fr 4/18: Justin Timberlake (R 2/21/14)

So, is this his First week being repeated ?

That will be good for those that missed it !

Jimmy's guest list for the week of 4/21:

Mo 4/21: Brian Williams, Christina Hendricks, Ilan Hall
Tu 4/22: David Duchovny, John Oliver, Rita Ora
We 4/23: Cameron Diaz, Jim Gaffigan, Future featuring Pusha T
Th 4/24: Dr. Phil McGraw, Courtney Barnett, Steven Tyler & Joe Perry
Fr 4/25: Jamie Foxx, Alan Cumming, Alicia Keys & Kendrick Lamar

Jimmy's guest list for the week of 4/28:

Mo 4/28: Emma Stone, Robinson Cano, Keith Urban
Tu 4/29: Diane Keaton, Dane DeHaan, David Byrne, Daley
We 4/30: David Spade, Sophia Bush, the Both
Th 5/1: Andrew Garfield, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Chvrches
Fr 5/2: Kevin Spacey, Lewis Black

Jimmy's guest list for the week of 5/5:

Mo 5/5: Bryan Cranston, Brie Larson, Kevin Delaney, Latimore
Tu 5/6: Seth Rogen, Matt Bomer, Coldplay
We 5/7: Zac Efron, Guy Fieri, Sarah McLachlan
Th 5/8: Michael Fassbender, Zoe Saldana
Fr 5/9: James McAvoy, Amy Schumer, tUnE-yArDs

Jimmy's guest list for the week of 5/12:

Mo 5/12: Louis CK
Tu 5/13: Taylor Kitsch
We 5/14: Maya Rudolph, Robert Duvall, Lily Allen
Th 5/15: Jennifer Lawrence, Craig Robinson, a performance by the Broadway cast of "A Gentleman's Guide To Love and Murder"
Fr 5/16: Drew Barrymore, Giovanni Ribisi, Elbow

Jimmy's guest list for the week of 5/5:

Mo 5/5: Bryan Cranston, Brie Larson, Kevin Delaney, Latimore
Tu 5/6: Seth Rogen, Matt Bomer, Coldplay
We 5/7: Zac Efron, Guy Fieri, Sarah McLachlan
Th 5/8: Michael Fassbender, Zoe Saldana
Fr 5/9: James McAvoy, Amy Schumer, tUnE-yArDs

Just caught up with these yesterday. Pretty much all good......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts