The Tonight Show with Jay Leno! Part Deux

I doubt that Leno is ready to retire to the part-time stand-up circuit, but who knows. I suspect we'll see reappear in someone's late-night fall 2014 lineup. We shall see.
Yup, Feb 6th will end the only continuous timer I have for NBC only broken by the incredibly successful :deadhorse: Coco experiment... I like Jimmy where he's at, be funny if history repeats itself again. NBC tanks even worse, and more suits get fired. ;)

Yup, Feb 6th will end the only continuous timer I have for NBC only broken by the incredibly successful :deadhorse: Coco experiment... I like Jimmy where he's at, be funny if history repeats itself again. NBC tanks even worse, and more suits get fired. ;)

I like Jimmy, but I predict NBC will fall out of 1st place in the late-night ratings once Jay leaves.

I doubt that Leno is ready to retire to the part-time stand-up circuit, but who knows. I suspect we'll see reappear in someone's late-night fall 2014 lineup. We shall see.

Maybe NBC learned its lesson and will keep Jay on retainer so that he will not go to another network.

I would bet that even if it tanks and NBC wants Jay back he tells them to stick it where the sun don't shine this time.

Based on no more than the content of his monologues, and that he really is still popular, I predict he will be on late night somewhere else giving fair and balanced comedy........

Jay Leno Sued For Bestiality Jokes Regarding Flight Attendant Accused Of Hiding Rats In Underwear

The former American Airlines flight attendant, 55-year-old Louann Giambattista, accuses Leno and three other comedians of having made "sickening, outrageous and disgusting attacks" in a July 2013 segment titled "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.”

huffingtonpost.com

(tvweek.com found)

I like Jimmy, but I predict NBC will fall out of 1st place in the late-night ratings once Jay leaves.

I like both of them, I like Jimmy a bit better at this point, but can't stay up to watch to much ... I think I like them both equally well, Jay's been around much longer ...

As for NBC falling in the polls, thats to be expected, particularly with Letterman still around.

I do not think I have watched it since the one where Leno came back... I used to watch more often, now I am usually just watching DVR prime time shows during the Tonight Show's time...

NBC's Bob Greenblatt on Jay Leno's Future, Reveals Final Guests

Leno, who has led the NBC late-night talk show since 1992, will welcome Billy Crystal -- his first Tonight Show guest -- to the couch for his final show Thursday, Feb. 6. His musical guest for the episode will be Garth Brooks. Crystal was Leno's first guest on May 25, 1992.
To be sure, sources tell THR that Leno is highly unlikely to stay at NBC following his early February departure. Leno is already being courted by several other networks, but the veteran host has opted not to have any conversations about his next steps until his NBC show has concluded.

hollywoodreporter.com

NBC readies for Jay Leno's departure and Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight' takeover

Source

"Jimmy Fallon's "Tonight" show, which debuts next month with actor Will Smith and U2 as guests, will look familiar to people who appreciate his current work in the time slot following Jay Leno.

Fallon said he doesn't expect to change his brand of comedy to tailor himself to an earlier time slot. Fallon and his successor at "Late Night," Seth Meyers, met with reporters Sunday as NBC begins the delicate process of a late-night transition.

"This show has completely changed from when I first started," Fallon said of "Late Night," which he has hosted for five years. "I feel like we've blossomed into what will become the new 'Tonight' show."

Full Story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)