The Walking Dead on AMC

They give 30M to Mad Men, whose ratings were less than half of WD. Not much fiscal sense there.

So far, so good on the second season. With no Mad Men this year to take home another Best Drama Emmy, I hope this show gets some consideration. I commend AMC for taking on this genre and putting some real polish on it so it doesn't degenerate into campy silliness. The network clearly respects the intelligence of their audience. I just hope they figure out a way to show the same respect for their creative talent and cast, financially, to keep this going.

I like this show. I just wish it lasted longer as a season.

I actually don't mind the typical 8-12 episodes/year you often get on cable networks--especially if that's what it takes to keep them on air and on budget. In fact, I'd rather have a dozen or so original, polished, well-written episodes than the 20+ episode seasons you get on major cable networks that often have a bunch of "filler" episodes and that the network is often too quick to pull the plug on if ratings aren't high in the first few weeks.

Wow!!! What a snooze fest last night! Mostly just a series of 10 minute chat sessions. FF button got a work-out. Looks like this episode is where the budget cuts kicked in.

I think I'd get tired if every episode was centered around fighting a horde of zombies, so I understand and appreciate the focus on some dramatic moments. With that said I am getting a bit tired of
the search for Sophie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts