Time on my 722

GregE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2007
Prospect, KY
I am new to DISH and have a question about my 722 and the time on it. Can I change the time or does it get it from the satellite?

The reason I am asking is because it must be off by a couple of minutes. When I set up a show to record, it starts a few minutes early and ends a few minutes early too. We end up missing previews for the following week. Last night on Heros, the recording missed the very end even. Fortunately, I was recording Journeyman which is on the same channel right after and I could see the end on the beginning of that recording.

I know I can adjust the start and end times. I've actually gone into my schedule and added 2 minutes to the end of every recording but if I record shows back to back, what is going to happen since the times overlap? Back to last nights case, my Heros didn't record 2 extra minutes since it started recording Journeyman. They were on the same channel so I was ok but what if they were on different channels. I wouldn't have gotten my 2 extra minutes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
I think the networks time their shows this way on purpose just to mess with people who record the shows. When they time their comercials to fire 2 minutes before the show ends and the beginning of the next show starts just after the end of the previous show it's hard to set the recorder for this.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Heroes runs 3-5 minutes past 10pm. ER starts 5 minutes early (though it's 90% re-caps from previous weeks). Can't think of other shows off-hand.... The networks do this, as already stated, to mess with people who DVR programs. They know people who DVR also skip commercials, which sorta hurts them... It really doesn't because they can still claim "x" number of people "watched" their show and charge based on that.

Thursday night is bad for us.... I *want* to record network shows off my antenna so I get the high-def versions of shows (no Dayton locals in HD via satellite). Gray's Anatomy runs from 9 pm to 10:xx pm on (OTA) ABC. ER starts at 9:55 pm until 11 pm on NBC. Gray's timer is 8:59 pm to 10:05 (we extended it two add'l minutes from the default). I have two timers for ER. One is from 9:55 to 10:10 (or so) on the SD satellite feed of NBC. :( The second is from 10:10 to 11:03 on the (OTA) NBC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts