timer issue and multiple channels

bratboy

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2005
Denver CO
Is there a way to customize timers so it only records/flags shows on a specific channel? What I mean is for example Torchwood. Its shown on both BBC and HDNet but I only want the DVR to flag/record the HDNet shows and not the BBC ones due to all the bugs and crap BBC now is pushing on their channel but so far I can't seem to be able to figure a way to do so.

Then again I wish these channels would stop doing so much "bug" junk. I can understand wanting to have their logo showing but its getting to the point now that you cant enjoy a show because now you get a bug in one spot then those annoying pop-ups or characters from other shows also constantly intruding and its distracting to the point that on alot of stuff I've just quit weatching them and wait for the DVD's. At least they could do something on channels that loop shows so that the early/primetime episode has the junk but then on the rerun later with just the station bug.

You must be using a DishPass?

Find an episode of Torchwood on HDNet in the guide (any future episode will do) and hit Record. Select the "all episodes" option and now you have a timer that will record each Torchwood episode on HD Net. The timer is smart enough to not record duplicate episodes that exist in the guide (so if Episode 21 shows up in the guide 4 times, it will only record it once.... but if episode 21 is replayed 2 months from now, it will record again at that time: no big deal).

You'll need to delete your Torchwood DishPass first, though, or all of the new timers will be skipped as duplicate events...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts