TimeTrax Recast 1.4 - Version Specific Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dserianni

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Hi,

We are happy to announce that tonight we were able to release version 1.4 of TimeTrax Recast.

It is a full release version and can be downloaded from our website if you do not have the automatic update feature enabled.

It does fix quite a few issues and adds some new functionality for TimeTrax Recast.

- Fixed to work with with new XM Online (AOL) channels over 255
- Major rewrite of Sirius tuner comm code, much faster
- Fixed problem with deleted channels not being deleted properly
- Added code to identify if wrong mode code was typed in (i.e. if XM code was typed for XM Online, instead of reporting "key not found" it reports "incorrect key used"
- Fixed Sirius problem with Kenwood tuners
- Fixed problem with schedule recording previous hours of music when SplitTrax turned off
- Added proper progress bar for downloading new version
- Fixed frame header fonts on MP3 parameters screen
- Fixed problem to ignore incorrect song data being returned from XM radio
- Proxy server support added
- Tabstops on labels fixed
- Tab indexes on all controls resequenced
- Added "Don't check updates on startup" checkbox to "unable to find new version" dialog box
- Fixed crash with no Internet connection
- Fixed improper operation under Windows 2000
- Fix for changed XM Online page
- Changed XM channel request to account for new XM channel responses
- Fix for Sirius radio in Preview Mode
- Fixed invalid folder being created when recording started and date included in folder path
- Improved recovery from XM Online session dump
- Fixed XM radio current channel update
- Fixed song change delays
- Sped up initial channel enumeration
- Fixed repeated XM Online login in XM tuner mode
- Added timeout dialog for net connectivity loss

We thank everyone that participated in the beta program. We truly feel that the public beta was the right thing to do and it allowed everyone in the community to help us.

We will continue with the public beta format in the future to address bugs and new features before the software goes to a release version. Right now there is no longer a beta available, however as we start to gear up and address some of the requested features as well as ideas that our team has you will see software released to the beta page.

We will also create threads here in the forums specifically for the beta releases just as we did with 1.3x

We hope you all enjoy 1.4 and look forward to future releases.

As always you can contact us for support via our support system via the link on our website.

Thanks

The TimeTrax Team.

downloading issue for 1.4

When downloading, it stops and I get an error message stating:

"Could not initialize installation. File size expected=24907604, size returned=1165312."

any ideas?

that's the same problem i had when i downloaded the beta. it didn't download completely. do it again.

i have a dial up and the downloading has been on for 30 mins and hasn't done anything yet. i'm hoping it is just going to take awhile.

good luck

There has been a lot of activity on the download server....

I will speak to our team and see if we can do something to help you out.

If you are having difficulty downloading the software send me an e-mail and I will see if I can find an alternative for you.

My e-mail is: dserianni@timetraxtech.com

Thanks

Derek

If all else fails.... you can go to our site and download manually rather than letting the software auto-update.

You also may want to consider the user of a download assistant program like Go!Zilla

http://www.gozilla.com

Derek

Derek,

We can host the file for download here at SatelliteGuys.US as well. We got MORE then enough bandwidth to go around (over 4 Terrabytes) :D

We would be happy to be a mirror.

I am experiencing crashes when recording with version 1.4 overnight. It has happened 2 times already. Anbody else experiencing this? Also, I am having problems with the software changing channels. I click on the channel listing to change the channel and nothing happens. Anybody?

I am experiencing crashes when recording with version 1.4 overnight. It has happened 2 times already. Anybody else experiencing this? Also, I am having problems with the software changing channels. I click on the channel listing to change the channel and nothing happens. Anybody?

you are not alone, i had it crash several times already. i am even having problems w/ the audio quality of the mp3's. i changed bitrates, cpu settings and soundcard drivers, just about anything i could think of. still the recordings sound terrible.

experiencing timer problems

Here is the issue Im having with timer recordings....

Lets just say I have these set.....

7pm - 1 am Ask 165
6 am - 11:58am espn Radio
12 - 3pm 10-America

It will only record the first one and the other two will not record. Thsi is happening every day to me. And, yes, Ive made sure my days and times are correct on the timer page.. and the settings also. Its like it just wants to record the first program scheduled and then not the rest.

This is something Ive only experienced on the new program.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Several Problems with recast 1.4

Several Problems with recast 1.4

Recording got stuck on 1 song (4 hrs 30+ min) after running for a couple of
days, about 1040 recordings. The song length counter was counting up. There was no audio. When I tried to change channels the program hung up.

I was recording channel 73 Frank's Place. In the Jazz&Blues folder were 44
bogus channel 73 folders such as 73- Boston, 73- Deep Tracks, etc.

In each of the bogus folders was 1-4 songs, some of these recordings were
also in the correct 73 folder some were not. Of the files in the bogus folders that were also in 73 Franks Place. The songs in the correct folder were incomplete. Here is a sample of one song and the info from File Properties;

Frank Sinatra - Sweet Caroline
MP3 audio file (mp3)

(The Correct Folder)

Location L:\Jazz&Blues\73 - Frank's Place
Size 1.71 MB (1,796,492 bytes)
Size on disk: 1.71 MB (1,798,144 bytes)

Creatred: Yesterday, November 19, 2005, 12:18:20 AM
Modified: Yesterday, November 19, 2005, 12:19:49 AM

(the bogus folder)

Location L:\Jazz&Blues\73 - Fox News
Size 1.30 MB (1,366,886 bytes)
Size on disk: 1.30 MB (1,368,064 bytes)

Creatred: Yesterday, November 19, 2005, 12:17:11 AM
Modified: Yesterday, November 19, 2005, 12:18:19 AM

Also after shuting down the program I attempted to reload recast, but I got a msg it couldn't find the radio. However after rebooting the computer I was able to start recast ok.

Michael

Computer;
eMachines T2200
WinXP sp2

Problem recording to CD's

Can anyone assist. Not sure if this is WINDOWS MEDIA or changes to the Stream from the PCR but I can no longer cut any of my songs to CDS. I can copy them just fine onto my MP3 player, but everytime I try cutting songs to a CD using Windows Media ( version 10 now ) it just shows inspecting and hangs.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is it something Bill Gates has done or what? Any assistance would be appreciated ( and yes, it will work with the free version of MusicMatch, but then I have recreate all of my old libraries again.

Help,

Ben

bs9017 said:
Can anyone assist. Not sure if this is WINDOWS MEDIA or changes to the Stream from the PCR but I can no longer cut any of my songs to CDS. I can copy them just fine onto my MP3 player, but everytime I try cutting songs to a CD using Windows Media ( version 10 now ) it just shows inspecting and hangs.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is it something Bill Gates has done or what? Any assistance would be appreciated ( and yes, it will work with the free version of MusicMatch, but then I have recreate all of my old libraries again.

Help,

Ben

Are you saying that you can record CDs with Music Match? - Have you tried other programs to record cds and do they work or fail?

I also suggest checking into your system and maybe opening a support ticket with the TT support folks...

The only other program I tried was MusicMatch and yes, it does work. Windows Media player did work until either after I upgraded to the new version of TimeTrax OR possibly an automatic download from Microsoft came skating into my pc. Darn it. Anyway, aside from not being able to copy to a CD when I do use MusicMatch, these will not play on my CD player, but only in the PC.

Once again, is anybody else having this problem and if not, what programs are others using to burn to CDs?

Thanks.

Timetrax won't connect

1.4 version starts up, but cycles through "ready"/"connecting to media"/ready" constantly

I'm getting -unable to parse stream--error code str103

What should I do next?

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 243
1.4 crashing

I, too, am having problems with 1.4 crashing. On average it's twice a day. I run it at work with an XM-PCR. I leave it running when I go home, and every morning when I unlock my PC, it has crashed and Winblows is filing an error report. And often it does the same thing mid day, not even touching it or changing channels, it'll just fault, leave the radio running, and file a windows error report.

It starts back up OK, after resetting the tuner, which is fine.

If there is no resolution that is known to work, I guess I'll uninstall, use the "Cleaner" app, and reinstall. I've done upgrades upon upgrades for quite a while now so maybe it's just messed up.

Anyone else who's crashing: have you just been upgrading the app for months on end or is it a clean install.

Recast 1.4 software will not open

I downloaded Time Trax version1.4 software today, and it will not open. When I attempt to open the software, I get the following message: "TimeTrax Recast Satellite Radio Time Shifter has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software several times, with the same results.

I also followed the directions for creating a debug file, and when I try to start Time Trax, no information appears in the debug file.

I'm using XP Pro, ver 5.1.26, service pack 2.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Please continue to post your experiences here, but also make sure to open up a support ticket so that we can work directly with you to find out what is causing your problem and we can make sure that we fix it if it's effecting other users.

This certainly goes for anyone who reports any kind of bug, but especially major failures (crashes, blue screens or anything like that). Someone from TimeTrax will work with you to either run a debug or to gather other troubleshooting information. We not only want to get you up and running as quickly and easily as possible, we also want to have great software without any problems!

David K.
Time Trax Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts