TimeTrax Recast 1.4 - Version Specific Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
New User Observations

I'm a new TimeTrax customer. I'm running it with an XMDirect with TOSlink digital output via the powerondude interface.

I'm not a computer newbie by any means and I have plenty of experience with other recording software that captures streaming audio/video.

At first I was a bit disappointed in TimeTrax (I bought it without trying it first) as a number of the features mentioned on the site either didn't work, or didn't work well. Then I spent a lot of time studying the manual and discovered that TimeTrax is far from turnkey software.

For instance, the Song Change Delay is preset to 600ms. I was consistently getting the tail end of the previous song and getting the current song chopped off. When I went to change that setting, I was warned by the program that 600ms was optimal.

Well folks, perhaps on your system and one some other channel. But on a Dual Processor 1Ghz PIII running Windows 2000 with 1GB of ram, and on an Athlon 2600+, 1GB of ram running XP Pro SP2 it looks like 3600 is closer to correct 99% of the time. Yes, I realize that the timings vary by channel, by day, by direction of wind and Elvis sightings but 3 seconds is quite a bit of difference.

I still haven't figured out the Channel Listing. I get the red "Online" indicator, but it only loads 78 channels. I get 1, 31, 61, 6, 92, 95, 104, 105, 112, 115, 123, etc.

The only channels with "album info" are 61,64,92 and 95.

Now 95 and 105 are both "Nashville Christmas"... on the radio itself, it's channel 105 but to get the extra info I have to select channel 95. So am I recording a 64KB online stream or a 168KB satellite feed?

Once I'm done grabbing Christmas music though I'm not sure what use this set up is going to be for me. None of the other music stations that we normally listen to are showing up. Dunno of the radio itself is bad or what.

Oh, you mention that using skins might cause slowdowns on computers with slower processors and insufficient memory (I don't remember your exact wording.) However you worded it, it was an understatement. On the two systems mentioned above, enabled a skin managed to bring each computer to a standstill within five minutes. Enabling a skin should not take up so much resource that it takes many minutes to change window focus.

I do see that now that I've spent four days tweaking TimeTrax, it's certainly getting to be a usable program and will probably get better as I find more things to tweak to make it function right.

dkieffer said:
Please continue to post your experiences here, but also make sure to open up a support ticket so that we can work directly with you to find out what is causing your problem and we can make sure that we fix it if it's effecting other users.
This certainly goes for anyone who reports any kind of bug, but especially major failures (crashes, blue screens or anything like that). Someone from TimeTrax will work with you to either run a debug or to gather other troubleshooting information. We not only want to get you up and running as quickly and easily as possible, we also want to have great software without any problems!
David K.
Time Trax Customer Service
I would love to open a support ticket but your links on the support page of your website are not working. I recently upgraded to Recast 1.4 and I can no longer use the software at all. It will not even start-up. I have tried to roll back to an earlier version (all the way to TT 3.4 but nothing will work now. I am getting messages that I have an unregistered copy.....blah, blah, blah. I would sure like to get the program I paid for to work.
Please help!
Dan

TimeTrax Recast v1.4 Shuts Down

Hi:
I had been using TTR v1.4 for the past few weeks just fine: playback, record, timer record - all working great.
Now when I launch TTR v1.4 it waits for the channels to load, loads the channels then TTR shuts down by itself; TTR reappears for a second then shuts down again. The only clue is I see "shutdown code 117" in the TTR recording log.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Tony.

teeb61 said:
Hi:
I had been using TTR v1.4 for the past few weeks just fine: playback, record, timer record - all working great.
Now when I launch TTR v1.4 it waits for the channels to load, loads the channels then TTR shuts down by itself; TTR reappears for a second then shuts down again. The only clue is I see "shutdown code 117" in the TTR recording log.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Tony.

Getting the same thing here ... had to do with the TimeTrax program not being able to establish an internet connection.

Hopefully, the sticky that was posted today is the reason why it's happening and the TimeTrax Team can resolve it. :) LINK

There's a big notice on here that their authentication/authorization server is down until later this afternoon/evening. This will stop TimeTrax from working today.

TimeTrax Recast v1.4 Shuts Down

Hi there:

Got it. I was surprised that TTR would not work without an Internet connection as XM Radio is a satellite service, not Internet (except for XM radio over the Internet of course). Is this so TimeTrax can check the TTR license key is valid?

Thanks!

Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts