Tivo Channel Changing Issue

Grzldvt

Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
San Jose, CA
I have a 322, and a Series 2 Tivo, the IR's on Tivo will change the channel, but not to the correct one. It seems if the channel I want to record is above 150, it doesn't work I have walked through the Tivo channel changing process multiple times and it works great.
Even if I am already on the channel, 239 for instance, and the show I want to record is on 239, Tivo changes the channel to 38.
I wanted to record a show that ended up on 8001, what was recorded was channel 7.
If the show I want to record is in the 100's or less, it works perfectly.

Any clue on this?
Thanks
Steve

Even if I am already on the channel, 239 for instance, and the show I want to record is on 239, Tivo changes the channel to 38.
I wanted to record a show that ended up on 8001, what was recorded was channel 7.
If the show I want to record is in the 100's or less, it works perfectly.

Go into the IR setup and pick advanced. A couple menu items later (I can't remember and can't check right now) you'll have the code on the screen with something like: (these are made up)
100100-1
100100-2
100100-3

Probably the -2 is selected. Pick the -3 and it should send the IR commands slower and shouldn't miss the first digit. My series2 has this same issue and I haven't had any issues since I changed to the slower setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts