Toshiba TRX-2200 Satellite Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

a_hockeynut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
Rochester, Minnesota
In my quest for an analog receiver, I came across this Toshiba TRX-2200. I have a few questions about this receiever, hoping I can tap some of the experts here :)

1) I presume this reciever will do KU analog?
2) No manual... anyone know if it is online somewhere (pdf)?
3) No remote. Can I run this receiver without the remote (I plan to slave it off my fortec, use the fortec to move the dish, and just use the Toshiba to pick up analog KU). Or is there some universal remote which would work?

1. yes
3. tough with no remote. Most boxes will default to C-Band but trying to get it to KU requires the remote

well it still might be possible with out a remote, both of mine work without remotes but the are GI's . If it has a c/ku button or hidden button panel
the 2200 is close to the top of the line for Toshiba , so its a good unit.
even if you have to get a remote from ebay or somewhere. i think you would like the unit

I would say it is worth scouring the net for a remote. Someone out there either makes one or has one. I hate it when people sell analog receivers without remotes. I can't understand people who lose remotes.

Back when the Jerrold cable boxes first came out, the remotes were nice and bulky, could never lose them!

I'm sort of in the same boat. I have a Uniden UST 4900 analog receiver and still waiting for the replacement remote. It should arrive soon, hopefully. But even then, I'll only be able to see Ku analog.

a_hockeynut said:
In my quest for an analog receiver, I came across this Toshiba TRX-2200. I have a few questions about this receiever, hoping I can tap some of the experts here :)

1) I presume this reciever will do KU analog?
2) No manual... anyone know if it is online somewhere (pdf)?
3) No remote. Can I run this receiver without the remote (I plan to slave it off my fortec, use the fortec to move the dish, and just use the Toshiba to pick up analog KU). Or is there some universal remote which would work?

Toshiba manual is still available here.
http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/CONSUMERPRODUCTSUPPORT/Manuals/Satellite/trx2000.pdf

have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)