'Transformers' HD DVD Smashes First-Week Sales Records

Congratulations.

Big success. I figured maybe 100,000 - and thought a post I'd read elsewhere with a 250,000 guess was ridiculous. Turned out to be not far off the mark.

Yes, maybe (vaguely) a third of all HD DVD player owners bought the title. Amazing, especially considering the story line. Just eye candy. But very good eye candy.

Congratulations.

Big success. I figured maybe 100,000 - and thought a post I'd read elsewhere with a 250,000 guess was ridiculous. Turned out to be not far off the mark.

Yes, maybe (vaguely) a third of all HD DVD player owners bought the title. Amazing, especially considering the story line. Just eye candy. But very good eye candy.
Its more than eye candy. All of the 18 year olds (like my son) grew up with the transformers. It has a huge potential buyer base with the 360 crowd. Microsoft should bundle the movie with the HD DVd add on.

ETA till the 360 add-on packs in Transformers instead of Kong? Thought I read that SKU was being revisited and replaced by a newer unit. Not sure if that means the harder would be revised or what.

ETA till the 360 add-on packs in Transformers instead of Kong? Thought I read that SKU was being revisited and replaced by a newer unit. Not sure if that means the harder would be revised or what.

I'm not sure if it's just a Best Buy thing or what, but they are advertising season one of Heroes on HD-DVD for free when you buy the 360 Add-On.

Wow, that's almost enough to get me to buy one...;)

I am still trying to figure out what all the hype was with this movie.I wish i had rented it before i wasted 30 bucks.We will see what happens
to sales records when POTC 3 comes out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)