HD-DVD sales back up to 35% in the 3rd week of January

The end of HD DVD (if it is coming) will not happen that fast. Th figures for the prior two weeks have to have been skewed or aberrations.

The end of HD DVD (if it is coming) will not happen that fast. Th figures for the prior two weeks have to have been skewed or aberrations.

Yeah hoping to milk it for awhile (HD-DVD that is) need a good 1080p BD player sub $200 before I jump he he. :D

LOL sorry didnt realize it was a duplicate post. Please merge mods :)

This is talking about HD-DVD player sales. And 35% is not good considering you can buy the A-3 for $100 and the A-30 for $149. Toshiba should of regained the standalone lead with these very low prices and if 35% is all they can do against BD players price 2 to 3 times more then what can Toshiba do?

Id like to see the numbers ,without the BD tv bundles, compared to HDDVD's current player sales at the low price point.

While I think it would not matter, the only way to know is....

Id like to see the numbers ,without the BD tv bundles, compared to HDDVD's current player sales at the low price point.

While I think it would not matter, the only way to know is....

What differance would that make. The BDA has decided that if Toshiba wants to wholesale their players to the consumer why not give new HDTV purchasers a new BD player to play BD HD movies on.

If Toshiba were to sell their HD-DVD players at the SRP and compete directly with the BD players they would still be losing at the cash register.

I guess you guys forgot that the BDA said they would respond to Toshiba trying to undercut the market. Guess what Toshiba -- you have been had!:eek:

I personally dont think itll make a difference. But just like with everything else around here, the red guys cant handle the truth. Theres always a deceptive reason BD wins every week.

No one can accept the fact the inferior, more expensive format is winning.

Its a difference between selling a low price player and giving away a free player with a TV. Big difference. J6P spending $1500+ on a TV is not likely to add another $300-$500 to the bill. I congradulate Sony on effectively fooling the public and the powers that be with misleading stats, it may have gotten the the win no matter how short lived it may be(downloads). This(85-15) is their biggest fooling of the public since the week when transformers was released when they claimed a 51-49 sales win, wasn't that the week when Open Season was #2, another free give away. Did anyone on either side actualy believe BD outsold HD DVD that week.

So what does or what doesn't make a difference is up for debate, but from the start of the format war I surely would've liked to have seen actual true stats.

A sale is a sale is a sale, its not a free give away. Count it as such and let us see the true numbers.

It's almost pointless to even speculate or argue over these numbers if they don't include PS3s, 360 add ons, or Amazon sales.

It's almost pointless to even speculate or argue over these numbers if they don't include PS3s, 360 add ons, or Amazon sales.
Sony included a Blu payer in every PS3 to ensure that Blu would survive as a format. For mass adption the PS3 won't matter as much just like the PS2 and Xbox didn't matter as much as standalones did for DVD. Studios know that game consoles are not going to ensure the format, standalone players will.

This is talking about HD-DVD player sales. And 35% is not good considering you can buy the A-3 for $100 and the A-30 for $149. Toshiba should of regained the standalone lead with these very low prices and if 35% is all they can do against BD players price 2 to 3 times more then what can Toshiba do?

I think it is a good number since a majority of the media has considered HD-DVD- all but embalmed. I am suprised they sell anything at this point.

Sony included a Blu payer in every PS3 to ensure that Blu would survive as a format. For mass adption the PS3 won't matter as much just like the PS2 and Xbox didn't matter as much as standalones did for DVD. Studios know that game consoles are not going to ensure the format, standalone players will.

Studios are not disappointed with PS3 sales at all. The PS3 is what is bringing the market most likely to buy DVDs, 15-25 males. The PS3 is marketed as a duel purpose maching buy one and get a game and a movie. While the PS3 is getting its ass kicked as a game player, it is the best BD player on the market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)