Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

Haha !! How many times have we read this ?
“Dish has successfully negotiated agreements representing hundreds of stations in recent months that benefit all parties, including our viewers,” the satellite TV service provider continued. “We are unsure why (insert the name of current network here) decided to involve customers in the contract negotiation process at a point when there is still time for the two parties to reach a mutually beneficial deal.”

Yep very familiar with them. Sunbeam is a unique operation. Just as I usually think DISH is correct when they have a dispute so do I when it is Directv.....

Reactions: ChadT41
In the end, we the customer are going to get the increase in fee so stop the BS and sign the contract. I can not get OTA reception because I am too far fro the transmitter. Two local cable companies are 1 mile away each and refuse to go this extra mile. I am stuck with satellite.
Just as a point of information, the FCC just opened up another spectrum for use by the cell phone companies. This spectrum will be used for 5G which is touted as 10 times faster than 4G. With that in mind, how long do you think it will be before the big telco providers such as AT&T and Verizon will be putting digital TV as a stream to home customers? Add some towers, provide a 5G modem and both Dish and Direct will have another service provider as competition.

So, you're saying "bend over and take it". Instead of $5/year increases, you'd be happy with $10/year increases as long as the channels all get what they ask for?

Most of the time, price isn't the only thing holding up a contract renewal. In this uncertain landscape of the saturated pay-TV market, negotiating for rights for different delivery methods and new package levels is going to cause hiccups. That's the reality.

These fights brought SlingTV options. Many channels were moved recently to lower packages. Right, didn't make any difference at all.

These fights brought SlingTV options. Many channels were moved recently to lower packages. Right, didn't make any difference at all.
Who cares, 13 million of Dish networks customers don't subscibe to Sling tv packages.

And all those channels moves this year, you can bet your bottom dollar they will be increasing your rates right on schedule.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

And I'll look into the other lower cost packages as the rates rise. Finally we are getting more options to work with here, aside from cutting the cord. You can bet that many of the previous disputes were the catalyst for getting more package and add-on options.

Reactions: pattykay
But my bill would still be lower than it is now, and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
If all goes according to plan, we will be buying a new house that now has a DTV dish neatly tucked almost out of site. IT will be the VERY FIRST think I will replace!!!

It's all preference people. My sticking points keep me with Dish. Others will keep them with Directv, and others with cable. The same for reasons not to be with one or several or all of them. I know that I won't go with cable in my area, because Comcast has a monopoly. If not satellite, I can't get Verizon or AT&T (not that I would want U-Verse). I hate AT&T as a company and am waiting until my cellphone contract is up in December to tell them to pound sand. I won't go Comcast, because they think they have the right to encrypt my town's public, government, and school access channels, and try to force me to pay $50 a month to get them with a basic package that has ESPN, TBS, etc. F(orget) that! It's also one of many reasons why I hate the FCC for allowing crap like that.

Reactions: Jim S. and Mochuf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)