True Blood

I hadn't heard about this until I saw it in the thread about what happened to HBO... damn that show looks good. This may be the only new show I watch this year.

I hadn't heard about this until I saw it in the thread about what happened to HBO... damn that show looks good. This may be the only new show I watch this year.

There will be a new show from Joss Whedon in January called "Dollhouse".

Also, the buzz is that Heroes is back to its best...

I give the pilot a B-. The writing and acting seemed to be off a bit....I think it has potential, though.

WEird show but I kind of liked it. THe premise is a little strange though. Would anyone think that in this country of all places , that Americans would accept Vampires as a minority group and that we would let them coexist with other citizens peacefuly , as long as they agreed to drink synthetic blood? I think I would of rather had Hbo take over the show MOONLIGHT instead and run that show. Imagine the extra stuff they could of added if Hbo had done it .

WEird show but I kind of liked it. THe premise is a little strange though. Would anyone think that in this country of all places , that Americans would accept Vampires as a minority group and that we would let them coexist with other citizens peacefuly , as long as they agreed to drink synthetic blood? I think I would of rather had Hbo take over the show MOONLIGHT instead and run that show. Imagine the extra stuff they could of added if Hbo had done it .

I agree. Liked Moonlight much more than last nights opener of this one. Will give it another chance though.

Nothing worked for me, especially the casting. I can now happily switch from HBO to Showtime next month for Dexter.

It's funny... both this forum and the horror forum I visit a lot had very little hopes for the show after the first episode, especially due to the poor casting choices.

I started reading the books (which are a tad bit femine) that the show is based on and if it doesn't go too far off path then it could get better... though the casting is still a tad bit off

Nothing worked for me, especially the casting. I can now happily switch from HBO to Showtime next month for Dexter.

Yep. I have Showtime also only for a few programs. I got hooked on Dexter when CBS showed a few episodes a few months back.

Yep. I have Showtime also only for a few programs. I got hooked on Dexter when CBS showed a few episodes a few months back.

I am sorry, but Dexter is way to creepy to watch for me. I tried to watch them on Cbs for a few weeks , but it got weirder by the episode.

WEird show but I kind of liked it. THe premise is a little strange though. Would anyone think that in this country of all places , that Americans would accept Vampires as a minority group and that we would let them coexist with other citizens peacefuly , as long as they agreed to drink synthetic blood?

If you watched the whole first episode, the premise is that they don't accept them . ( It reminded me of "Cavemen" in that respect, which BTW is still running in Australia. )

In Blade, the vampires have infiltrated a lot of the governement and corporate power groups, so it's not a stretch to where the government has allowed them to come out of the closet or "come out of the casket" (as they said in the show).

Remember that the entire idea of dead people that move around is totally self-contradictory and nonsensical. So, any series that uses "dead" vampires (rather than simply a race of people who feed on blood), requires huge suspension of disbelief to begin with.

PS I'm getting the sense that hardly anyone understood this was a comedy...

would much rather be watching deadwood

David Milch has a new show in production, a more conventional cop show...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)