True Blood

He did one of the most groundbreaking TV dramas - "NYPD Blue".

Previously he was one of the main people writing for "Hill Street Blues" and originated the concept of " Previously on... ". ;)

He has no problem with returning to Deadwood - in fact, it is rumored that two scripts were written for Season Four - but HBO deemed the show too expensive (cf. Rome).

The new show is called "Last of the Ninth" and will debut in 2009.

oh, thanks! loved NYPD and Hill. did not know he was on them. well eveyone can have a clunker ( john) he has proved himself.
herd about the scripts for 4 too. talk was to make two, two hour movies to wrap things up but never came to pass

Anyone still watching this? I'm really enjoying it. The season is ending real soon :(

I've been watching too and enjoying it. It's definitely much better than the first couple of episodes as they've established characters. Good news is I thought I saw it had be renewed for next season by HBO. :)

-Mike

Yep - coming back Summer 2009 for a 2nd season! If you're interested, the series is actually based on a book series.

While I've gotten to enjoy the series as is often typical they've taken major leeway with the storyline as presented in the books. Some by necessity of course because the first several volumes in the series take place before Katrina and the aftermath of Katrina becomes as major point in the ongoing storyline.

I enjoy the series too, the Previews and Pilot didn't catch my attention at first but was bored one night when they aired the 1st 3 episodes together, now I am hooked.

I loved Sookies reaction when Sam showed her his "um-huh" (don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen the last episode.

I enjoy the series too, the Previews and Pilot didn't catch my attention at first but was bored one night when they aired the 1st 3 episodes together, now I am hooked.

I loved Sookies reaction when Sam showed her his "um-huh" (don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen the last episode.

that was funny! i love this show too. best new series for me!

Good episode last night, but only 1 left. Who knows how long we'll have to wait for season 2. I'm still waiting for Big Love's new season which *finally* will begin in January.

Ok so I didn't see that coming with the picture of Drew in the end. I was thinking it was the big guy who's desperate for a woman (the one who drank True Blood in one of the earlier episodes.)

Also what's the deal with the woman with the pig? It's obvious she staged the whole thing to bail her it out. But I can't figure out... is she the Devil? Or something else? I thought she may be a vampire, but in the preview for next week I think they showed her out during the day so that kills that idea.

-Mike

According to a thread on AVS, in the books she's a Maenad. But the show is also supposedly not following the books very closely for some characters, or hardly all for her, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

'True Blood' Premiere Most Watched HBO Show Since 'Sopranos' Finale

Vlada Gelman
"True Blood's" second season premiere on Sunday garnered 3.7 million viewers.
That number is up 157% from the series premiere and 51% from last season's finale. It also represents the most watched program on HBO since the series finale of "The Sopranos" in June 2007.
Source & More: tvweek.com

So not a lot of new posts about this season... I'm enjoying it, it had a couple episodes that I didn't really care for, but for the most part I'm liking it still. Between Maryann/Sam and the Goedrich (sp?) thing this season, it's pretty good. I got a kick out of Eric acting as a "redneck" this week "Can I have your stake? I forgot mine..."

-Mike