True Blood

It was an interesting start, will have to see which way they go with it to see if it is going to remain interesting. It is HBO I expect them to play up the sex angle a lot. So now we have:

1. Vampires out of the closet, still being feared

2. Forbidden love

3. A murderer running around. Is it a vampire or is it a human killing those that associate with vampires?

3. A murderer running around. Is it a vampire or is it a human killing those that associate with vampires?

I think you are jumping to conclusions.

Only one murder, which is only one data point, so it is impossible to say motivation - especially when we don't know who the "perp" was.

PS Any more details would require use of the spoiler tag !

After the second ep last night, I get the same feeling I did a couple of years ago about Studio 60...., in that it does not seem to have any direction or focus to it. Timer deleted.

After the second ep last night, I get the same feeling I did a couple of years ago about Studio 60...., in that it does not seem to have any direction or focus to it. Timer deleted.
:up
Time to flush it, it's just not worth my time!!!

Sookie's character is too uneven. One minute she's an airhead and the next next, she's the wisest person on the show. I'm going to give it one more episode.

I have yet to see Episode Two, but I just thought I would point out that Sookie's character is the show. The show is based on a series of eight books about Sookie. Vampires are a big deal on TV, so HBO and the program is emphasizing that aspect, but the books are Sookie stories.

At no point in Episode One is she an airhead, so I assume that refers to the second episode, so I'll wait until after I view that to comment further.

By the way, the creator of the TV show refers to the program as "popcorn for smart people". I assume that means that it is intended to be entertaining fluff, not to be taken seriously.

Too much of the sex angle... Sookie's character is annoying. Is she just simply a mind reader or does she has more than that? I think we have seen more sex in these two episodes than the actual story. Also, espisode two did not live up to my expectation.

Too much of the sex angle... Sookie's character is annoying. Is she just simply a mind reader or does she has more than that? I think we have seen more sex in these two episodes than the actual story. Also, espisode two did not live up to my expectation.
So how would you rate the show? On scale on 1 to 5, 5 being the best.

so far... a 2. I am going to continue to watch but may drop if it continues in the same path. There will be better shows this fall --- DEXTER..

I'm starting to get into the show.. its a bit odd.. but entertaining.. after ep 1.. I would have said a 1 or a 2.. at this point.. it's a 3.. moving up to a 4 at this pace... I'll continue to watch it..

If you watched the whole first episode, the premise is that they don't accept them . ( It reminded me of "Cavemen" in that respect, which BTW is still running in Australia. )

In Blade, the vampires have infiltrated a lot of the governement and corporate power groups, so it's not a stretch to where the government has allowed them to come out of the closet or "come out of the casket" (as they said in the show).

Remember that the entire idea of dead people that move around is totally self-contradictory and nonsensical. So, any series that uses "dead" vampires (rather than simply a race of people who feed on blood), requires huge suspension of disbelief to begin with.

PS I'm getting the sense that hardly anyone understood this was a comedy...

David Milch has a new show in production, a more conventional cop show...

thanks for the info! not to beat a "dead" horse, but wish he would go back to deadwood. milch is 50/50 for me. i think one of the best shows ever in deadwood then one unwatchabel in john from c.... dont know of anything else he did.

as far as trueblood is working for me. offbeat, im liking it!

I'm hooked at the moment, as I dont really know where the story is going. Sookie confuses me, but Bill Compton is kinda interesting. The "nest" of vampires in Episode 3 are looking pretty evil. Totally possible that I could lose interest in the show, but not yet...

Still on a timer for now. Premise interesting but characters not so much. When timers for new season start firing this show could get lost and moved to external hard drive limbo.

[/b]
thanks for the info! not to beat a "dead" horse, but wish he would go back to deadwood. milch is 50/50 for me. i think one of the best shows ever in deadwood then one unwatchabel in john from c.... dont know of anything else he did.
He did one of the most groundbreaking TV dramas - "NYPD Blue".

Previously he was one of the main people writing for "Hill Street Blues" and originated the concept of " Previously on... ". ;)

He has no problem with returning to Deadwood - in fact, it is rumored that two scripts were written for Season Four - but HBO deemed the show too expensive (cf. Rome).

The new show is called "Last of the Ninth" and will debut in 2009.

He did one of the most groundbreaking TV dramas - "NYPD Blue".

Previously he was one of the main people writing for "Hill Street Blues" and originated the concept of " Previously on... ". ;)

He has no problem with returning to Deadwood - in fact, it is rumored that two scripts were written for Season Four - but HBO deemed the show too expensive (cf. Rome).

The new show is called "Last of the Ninth" and will debut in 2009.
RIP Deadwood, that was a great show.