Trying to get locals hd installing 2nd dish

forthvacav

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Goochland, VA
I have a dish 1000 and get birds 110,119,129. I called dish network to try to find out why I was not getting local hd channels even thought I am paying for them. They said I need another dish installed.

Well instead of signing a 2 year contrace I would like to solve this myself. I installed the dish 1000 myself. With little or no problem. What I've been reading on this site says I need another dish which I just bought at a yard sell its a dish 500 with everything. How and what do I need to point at 61.5 to get local hd channels?

Any help on this topic would be greatly appricated.

Regards,
forthvacav

items I have

I have a 1000.2 I believe, because it has a coax connection for a lnb on the right with it facing you. I also believe it says to lnb under it. I Also I believe the lnb on the dish 500 is a dish pro. It has a connection for two coax and has just one focal point. It says dish pro on the outer cover. Do I need to install a dpp44 switch? I also have this item. and if so what is the connection for it?

Regards

I have a dish 1000 and get birds 110,119,129. I called dish network to try to find out why I was not getting local hd channels even thought I am paying for them. They said I need another dish installed.

Well instead of signing a 2 year contrace I would like to solve this myself. I installed the dish 1000 myself. With little or no problem. What I've been reading on this site says I need another dish which I just bought at a yard sell its a dish 500 with everything. How and what do I need to point at 61.5 to get local hd channels?

Any help on this topic would be greatly appricated.

Regards,
forthvacav

If you're SUPPOSED to be getting your locals in HD and it requires a 61.5, then there's no way you need to sign a 24 month extension. Call back and speak to CSR about this and get a FREE upgrade appointment.

I have a 1000.2 I believe, because it has a coax connection for a lnb on the right with it facing you. I also believe it says to lnb under it. I Also I believe the lnb on the dish 500 is a dish pro. It has a connection for two coax and has just one focal point. It says dish pro on the outer cover. Do I need to install a dpp44 switch? I also have this item. and if so what is the connection for it?

Regards

If the input is not being used, no you do not need the DPP44 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts