Trying to setup in rv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patricia07

Aug 3, 2007
I have been trying to set up in our rv.

1. Does age of dish (Hughes) matter?

2. Dual LBN is not steady in its mounting. Does that matter?

Since I have no problem in the house setup, I have to think that something is wrong with the equipment I am using in the rv. I can not even
get the setup menu to work like it does in the house.

I am about to call Directv and ask for help, but just hate to not figure it out.

Thank you.
Pat

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Patricia,
1st , are you using a tripod ?
What programming are you wanting to get, IF you are using the old single lnb set up you will only get the basic core programming on 101.
IF you find the 101 your rec. should be able to continue thru the set up process.

Dish MUST be plumb and level, before you do anything.
Everythig has to be solid or you will lose your programming if it gets bumped, nudged, moved.
There are a wide variety of options for RV set ups, but I prefer the tripod due to it's flexibility.

Jimbo

Patricia07

Aug 3, 2007
Thanks, Jimbo,

I have a good tripod, a bubble level, new dual LNB, R6 cables. Then, I have an old dish and the LNB wiggles when in its slot.

I am almost sure that the problem is in the dish and/or the LNB, so am planning on getting a new dish today and giving that a try. Something is preventing me from getting the setup steps 1-5-maybe a new dish will help. I did not know that the dish had to be perfect.

Thanks,
Pat

Patricia07

Aug 3, 2007
I bought a new dish with new dual LNB and it worked this afternoon in our travel trailer. Will practice again tomorrow, so hopefully when we go on our trip next week, I will be able to have satellite tv! Thanks again. Pat

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I bought a new dish with new dual LNB and it worked this afternoon in our travel trailer. Will practice again tomorrow, so hopefully when we go on our trip next week, I will be able to have satellite tv! Thanks again. Pat

Glad to see it is now working.
The ticket is to get it set up at home an dadjust it to where you have the best signal, note the settings... If you are camping in the same general area, you will not need to do any adjustments when you get out there other than making sure it is plumb, level. the left and right should be the only thing you need to tune in. :)

If you are going in a different area of the country , then you may have to do some other adjusting.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)