Two and a Half Men

Well the one scenario I first talked about was Rose had Charlie captive somewhere and he finally got out. Looks like they went with that one except he was a cartoon character till the last scene and then only the backside of Charlie shown. It was nice to see the new "Hippie" version of Jake one more time. IN all I felt like this finale really kind of sucked. But I am glad it is finally OVER.

I'm not a fan of Charlie Sheen at all, never was never will be and never watched Two & a Half Men in my life until 9/19/11. I know I'm pretty much alone but I loved the Walden Schmidt era of Men! I've watched maybe 20-30 episode of the Charlie shows in reruns in syndication since and I didn't care them. Jake and Berta were the only two characters that I liked. Being a technogeek, I loved the geekyness of the later years of Men. The back story of Walden Schmidt, trying to get back in the software development business, hell even the ALT CTRL DEL pillow cases for the pillows on the couch and the appearance of the red JamBox on the kitchen counter every once in a while. I loved how Alan turned into a complete leach and how Jake while never the sharpest bolt of thunder, was dumber than ever.

I loved how the series finale was basically one big jab at Charlie. Everything from Walden finding nothing about Charlie online expect a video of him rating abut a former employer, to the 'Hater gonna hate' line, to the Anger Management exchange. I enjoyed the dropping of the piano on the head of the Charlie Harper character at the end, even though I wished Sheen would have been a good sport about it and made a cameo for that. I loved Chuck Lorre's idea that he put into his vanity card, with the exception of having Charlie rant and rave to the camera. Just have him walk up to the door, ring the bell, look at the camera, and then BOOM! No words spoken.

The claymation part of the finale I felt was a bit lame, and I didn't like the occasional breaking of the fourth wall. Other than that, great send off for 4 years of great TV!

I think Charlie Sheen helped make the show watchable. Ashton filled the shoes the best he could but it just wasn't the same. When Steve Carell was on the office, he made that show what it was. Then when he left I quit watching it. I wish he would have stuck it out to the end.

I read somewhere that Lorre proposed Sheen a participation in which Charlie would talk about the danger of using drugs, but Sheen was not OK with it, and so he wasn´t parte of the series finale.

Entertaining episode, but all the build up making it look like Charlie would show up at the end only to end in a final FU by to Chuck Lorre to Charlie Sheen and his fans wound up making the How I Met Your Mother end look good. The ending pretty much ruined the episode.
The show was ruined the first time they killed off Charlie. The show should have ended then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)