uhf pro 6.3 problems

frodo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Portland, Or
my new 622 came with a 6.3 remote, no matter what I try i can not get it to control tv2. I have an old 6.0 from the neighbor that works great, i an sysinfo and change the channels on the remote just fine, but with the 6.3 I can not get it to come up at all. batteries in both and they both say "2" in blue on the bottom. What am I missing?

I can not change the # on the 6.3 just the 6.0. If i set it the same that is on the screen for tv2 then it still will not control the box.

One would think that when a system was put together, tested, and shipped, that everything would be set to a default/shipping mode; which would work in harmony, but may require changing to not interfere with your neighbors.

However, when I received my 622 and finished installing it, Remote 1 worked great, and Remote 2 did not work. So I had to get the book and go through it to set-up Remote 2, and believe I just had to use Remote 1 to go into the system and change the address for Remote 2 and then it worked fine. Inside the battery compartment is also a switch that might need changing, but mine did not.

A second minor issue I had, it was shipped in "single mode" instead of "dual mode" which gives the impression that TV2 is not working, but Remote 1 and Remote 2 controls TV1. I believe there is only one way to change from single to dual, and that is to press one of the buttons inside the front cover of the 622.

If the PIP, swap, and/or position buttons are working, you are probably in single mode; also when the receiver is on, the first light means single, and the 2nd means dual. The next 2 lights are for TV1 (on/record), and the last set of lights is TV2 (on/record).

If none of this helps, you may have a bad remote, receiver, or maybe the antenna on the back of the receiver is not connected or not higher than horizontal.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
frodo said:
I can not change the # on the 6.3 just the 6.0. If i set it the same that is on the screen for tv2 then it still will not control the box.

Check in manual for instructions for remote address, I don't remember exact sequence. The remote address has nothing to do with the chips located at the bottom of the remote.

i have tryed all these things and more. the remote i borrowed does this all the one that came with the 622 will do nothing, maybe its just a dud

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)