UNABLE TO LOCK ONTO SATS

elchinero

Original poster
I have a TurboHD dish with a new 1000 LNBF ... TV, etc., works with "500" dual-head system. Have the iPhone sat finder app ... can "see" the 3 dishes (this system used to work until (apparently) the "1000" head died.) I set the "50-ish" elevation ... zero interference from anything ... total clear line-of-sight. Swing Azumith ... "dead". Skew is set at 90 -degrees (nominal).

Which one do I pick to lock on initially? At first, while battling with all the three adjustments the system tone DID blare the "ON" tone ... of course tightening all the bolts "lost" the signal.

New-ish 612 box.

Ideas?

What area are you in? Sounds like you're within a couple states of me. Like they said, make sure that the numbers you have are correct. If you get a hit, but lose it while tightening, adjust in a different direction

Make sure elevation and skew on dish are set accordingly to your zip code. Adjust to get highest signal on 119. tighten. slightly tweak dish to left, then right to see if signal increases any. If so, adjust to that side a little. Then tweak dish up, then down to see if signal increases any. If so, adjust accordingly. If 119 comes in with high signal (mid-high 80s), then 110, 129 should be just fine.

It is normal for elevation of dish to change after you tighten it up.

To the OP: If you are still having an issue, could you PM me the phone number on your account? It may help us determine the issue. Your description of the equipment seems a bit vague and I just want to make sure that the help you are getting is not for a different LNBF then what you actually have.

My point is that you mentioned it was a 1000 head. Are the "eyes" sharing the same case? Are they evenly spaced or is one obviously offset from the other two?