Under the Dome

And then the real question is can a 13 episode series last a 40 week hiatus for viewers until next June?
Considering the competition (reruns), I think so. CBS tends to have a good track record with it's summer shows.

Also, being only a 13-episode season helps alot, as being inside the dome means they don't need as much filler as with 22 weeks, and not much filler to be had inside a dome.

Yet viewers memories are sometimes fleeting… what was fresh and new and interesting this summer gets forgotten in a year. But I hope it does well.

Considering the competition (reruns), I think so. CBS tends to have a good track record with it's summer shows.

Also, being only a 13-episode season helps alot, as being inside the dome means they don't need as much filler as with 22 weeks, and not much filler to be had inside a dome.
My thoughts exactly. Without any real competition in the summer ,even Sci-fi shows seem to have a life on tv. But in regular tv season I am betting it would of been cancelled in no time flat. Because sci-fi shows always get cancelled on the main networks. Luckily Cw seems to attract them, along with fantasy shows , or we wouldn't of have any shows like this on network tv.

I caught the last half of this weeks episode,on cbs.com.Was very surprised there were no commercials.

Why limit sales to just amazon, when they can use iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play (Is that what it is currently called?). I am sure Amazon gave them some sweet incentive, but it just does not make sense, and eliminates some sales. Not that I would be buying this series, but if I did, I'd be buying from iTunes, as I have a nice streamable library on my Apple TV.

Why limit sales to just amazon, when they can use iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play (Is that what it is currently called?). I am sure Amazon gave them some sweet incentive, but it just does not make sense, and eliminates some sales. Not that I would be buying this series, but if I did, I'd be buying from iTunes, as I have a nice streamable library on my Apple TV.

I agree ...

Yet viewers memories are sometimes fleeting… what was fresh and new and interesting this summer gets forgotten in a year. But I hope it does well.

There was a show that use to be on, can't remember which one it was, that did the same type of thing, was off for months and came back when convenient basically ... but the thing I found very Smart about it was, this show when starting the new season, made the first show a Refresher show, so it caught you up on what had happened in the past .... not just a few minutes like most do, but this was a full hour of showing you what happened in the last season ... this would be a great idea for shows like this one ...

There was a show that use to be on, can't remember which one it was, that did the same type of thing, was off for months and came back when convenient basically ... but the thing I found very Smart about it was, this show when starting the new season, made the first show a Refresher show, so it caught you up on what had happened in the past .... not just a few minutes like most do, but this was a full hour of showing you what happened in the last season ... this would be a great idea for shows like this one ...

LOST always had to do refresher episodes since they were off the air far more than they were on it. Of course, UTD is not LOST.

The repeat of this weeks episode that was scheduled for Saturday night is GONE! It appears they removed it from the schedule, at least for my local affiliate.

Better check yours, if you were counting on re-recording it.

My local affiliate shows "48 Hours" coming on. It WAS UTD the other day, and changed to this in the guide. I'm going to record it in case it's actually UTD.

Nope, it WAS "48 Hours" that came on.

Last edited:

Nielsen DMA Rankings for 2015-16 season

Tom Selleck's New Jesse Stone Movie Gets Premiere Date on Hallmark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts