Updated iPhone App and 922

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
I was able to connect to the 922 with the recent update. I connected at home and from work. Not sure what speed I need, but the resolution isn't as crisp as I would have expected. It is viewable I just expect it to be better.

My home speed is 3M/512.

I can connect to it but it tells me my password is wrong.

I was however able to connect to it from DISH Remote Access Login I was able to watch DVR recordings and channel up and down.

What I think is cool was for my other Slingbox units I had to open up ports on my router (I have a Apple Time Capsule) without opening the ports I was unable to view the slingboxes out of the house. I never opened any ports for the 922 on my router and with the dish.sling.com site I am connecting to it fine.

Yeah I dont think the Sling code is anywhere near done, the HD shows I was watching was shown 4x3 and the Sling quality is low, not anything like the HD slinging that its supposed to be compatable of.

I was just REALLY shocked that I could connect to it from outside the house. :)

Attachments

• 922-1.jpg
    922-1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 218
Here is what I see when I try connecting to the 922 with the iPhone app.

Unfortunately I don't know the password.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.PNG
    IMG_0036.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 209
Here is what I see when I try connecting to the 922 with the iPhone app.

Unfortunately I don't know the password.

I've seen that also, but occasionally the sling symbol shows up and I'm able to view live or recorded shows.

This doesn't work with my 722 so I'm guessing we are getting some sling capability, but the quality is low. I don't have any other sling boxes so I don't have anything else to compare with.

Maybe when we get the sling password things will look better.

Ok I tried it again tonight and noticed a few things...

1) It asked me for a password again.. so I just put in admin as the password and it WORKED!
2) Dish Remote access works in the new iPhone Slingplayer application.
3) Most of the remote buttons for the 922 in the iPhone slingplayer app dont work, I could only change channels by going channel up and down.

This receiver is starting to come together. :)

Ok I tried it again tonight and noticed a few things...

1) It asked me for a password again.. so I just put in admin as the password and it WORKED!
2) Dish Remote access works in the new iPhone Slingplayer application.
3) Most of the remote buttons for the 922 in the iPhone slingplayer app dont work, I could only change channels by going channel up and down.

This receiver is starting to come together. :)

Good find. I tried a lot of different passwords, but not admin.

I'm also able to change channels by using the filters if I'm logged into my sling account.

The 922 has a lot of good and some bad, but thats to be expected since it a beta. I am not making a judgment on the unit or reporting on it until its running official release software.

Watching it go together is like playing with blocks. With each software release there are new features that were not working before while other features that were working great before might be disabled just so folks test whats new in the software.

Again its a beta and the good and bad things are to be expected. (Of course when its released the bad things should be all gone.) :)

Stay Tuned!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts