Please reply by conversation.

TheHamNerd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 15, 2014
Yukon, Oklahoma
Ok....

The manual and their website is not very clear on updating their meters. I will say that you probably should not bother if you have a clone meter. You must register your serial number with them and they must approve it before they will give you product support. So don't bother buying a clone meter, because you probably will not get the support files, and they will more than likely not work, and crash your meter.

Updating the TP/satellite list.

Even though their website video shows that it must be in an .xls file format....the only way I could update my list was to convert an excel file to a .CSV file and upgrade using CSV option, and select Upgrade from USB option. Once you upload the file, the meter will freeze, this is when you reboot it by turning it off and on. This was never mentioned on their site. I thought I smoked my meter, but once I rebooted it, my custom list was there, and I tested it just fine. Also for some reason, the meter does not like certain brand flash drives either. I am still playing with it. I will try to type up a better report in the near future, as I am teaching myself how to use this meter. I will say, it is very easy to modify a spreadsheet, then dump it into the meter once you convert it to a CSV file.

Yeah that is one thing I love about those meters, every few months I update a spread sheet and dump it to the meter.

I updated my 500g recently and I didn't know what I was doing. I tried installing a zip file. Found out quick I needed to unzip first. Then a few minutes later it was done. Before the KU and C were separate now they are mixed together, don't like that much.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

95W on an 18'' dish

Not Receiving Signals on certain TP's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)