Upgrade HD receiver to HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlavinder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I am wondering how much it would cost to upgrade one of my HD receivers to a HD DVR receiver. I only signed up with Directv a couple of months ago and I can already tell I need a second DVR to record some of my shows due to conflict in recordings between me and my wife. How much will they charge if I call in?

Thanks

$199 to add an HD-DVR. My suggestion is to order it from Amazon or Solidsignal so you get an HR-24. If you order through Directv, they can ship you any HD-DVR model.

$199 to add an HD-DVR. My suggestion is to order it from Amazon or Solidsignal so you get an HR-24. If you order through Directv, they can ship you any HD-DVR model.

You may get a better deal through Directv, but like you said, who knows which model you will get.

I would call in to see what kind of discount offer might be available. If they offer one, ask them if they will just apply that as a one time credit if you purchase one from another retailer so you can get a HR24. They should be able to post the credit when you call to activate the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Band Pass Filter?

new direct customer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts