Upgrade to HD FREE?

I guess it was Heartland I was thinking of. When I start down the path of cord cutting, I just might start with Welcome+Heartland.

The whole "charging for HD" will pass. Its a money craze for now. It would be like the water company charging you extra if you wanted more pressure lol.
Dish is silly.

At least Dish gives you a way to avoid the HD fee, which I don't believe you can do with DTV.

Reactions: Tampa8
At least Dish gives you a way to avoid the HD fee, which I don't believe you can do with DTV.
I thought they had an HDFFL option as well. After looking through, the most recent posts I have found about it were in 2013 saying it was only for the term of a commitment. Hmm... Not even sure if they are doing that.

back in 2012 that is how it was (I doubt it has changed)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/2956830/

If you have Welcome Pack or Family Pack(now called Smart pack) the only HD you get is
-locals (if applicable)
-freeview channels (again if its in HD)
-any add on packages like Heartland, HBO, Outdoor Sports

Can anyone with the smarter pack confirm that locals come through in HD? I just got an HD TV for the first time and have a 722k pointed at Eastern Arc. The channels labeled as HD fill the screen unlike the SD channels, but the picture doesn't appear to be HD...it isn't very clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone with the smarter pack confirm that locals come through in HD? I just got an HD TV for the first time and have a 722k pointed at Eastern Arc. The channels labeled as HD fill the screen unlike the SD channels, but the picture doesn't appear to be HD...it isn't very clear.

Sounds like either your receiver or TV is set for 3:4 rather than 16x9. Check both settings.

Okay, the TV tells me it's getting a 1080i, 16x9 signal. The HDTV settings are the same on the dish receiver. Maybe I'm being too picky...I think I notice it mainly in people's faces

Generic picture tiles in DVR

UHF remote with 211z receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)