Upgrade to HDTV

nickyct

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I was on the phone with Dishnetwork rep and he told me that if I want to upgrade to HDTV I can lease the receiver and have to sign up with the $99 something package for a year.
If my memory serve me correctly. Couple years ago I have to get a another dish to point to a different Satellite in order for me to receive HD signal.
I have Dish500. He said that I don't have to get another dish what I have is sufficient. ARe they combining the signal now ? It's been awhile since I keep up with this.

Most of the HD, you can get with the Dish 500. CBS-HD East and a HD Demo channel is on the 61.5 sat and CBS-HD West is on the 148 satellite.

If you have locals on either of those, Dish must install a second dish for FREE.

Here is a list of additional channels you will get with the second dish.
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/143

BTW, Welcome to Sat Guys.

have you looked at their website for your account to see what it would cost to upgrade?

If you are talking basic HD, then you will get the 811 receiver. and their 5 HD channels. The channels are $9.95 a month (I believe they are running a promo now for six months free). They upgraded me to the 811 back in December for only $24.95 that was to pay for the shipping of the 811 and the return of my 301. I set it up myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)