Upgraded to EARC Only get local HD feeds

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Had the chabe to the EARC today. Until today I was getting both the SD and HD feeds of the Rochester NY stations. Now I am just getting the HD feeds. Were they on the 110 or 119 birds that I am no longer aimed on?

I had just posted the question when the installer called back to see if I had any questions. He confirmed that I no longer was aimed at the sat that carried the SD feeds.

All equipment on an Eastern Arc install decodes MPEG4, so the SD versions are not needed even for a standard definition tv.
True, but that doesn't explain why Dish is wasting EA bandwidth broadcasting SD versions of HD nationals, particularly now that HD is Free for Life.

I had just posted the question when the installer called back to see if I had any questions. He confirmed that I no longer was aimed at the sat that carried the SD feeds.

Rochester's HD locals are on 61.5. SD locals are on 110.

I'm also in the Rochester area. Did the installer put up a single dish (the 1000.4)? I'm curious because I did my own EA changeover a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get a good lock on the 77 satellite so I went with a 61.5,72.7,110 config instead (the 110 is a perfect swapout for the 77 if you really need the non-locals programming on it which is basically only the spanish-package channels)

I'm wondering if they're putting 1000.4 dishes on houses in this area if you don't subscribe to spanish language packs and simply aim for 61.5/72.7 alone.

Let me know what they gave you - I'm really interested in knowing whether you really are getting a signal off of 77.

Thanks!

BTW: Having my 61.5/72.7 110 configuration I DO get both the HD and SD feeds of the Rochester locals. I don't use the SD feeds though - I prefer the letterboxed HD versions on the one older TV we have hooked up.

Rochester's HD locals are on 61.5. SD locals are on 110.

I'm also in the Rochester area. Did the installer put up a single dish (the 1000.4)? .

Yes, he put up a single dish on the eastern side of my roof and removed the 2 I had on the western side of my roof.

I'm in Marion in Wayne County. Been with Dish since the days of the 2000 and 1000 receivers.

Tomorrow is the day!

Dish 500+4700 owner--what's needed to go to 722K+HD Free?