Upgrading to the hopper

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
I believe that we are eligible for a free upgrade to the Hopper. Definitely want to get the Hopper but not sure about the sling adapter, I do watch some programs on my iPad but never my computer. Is there an additional cost for the sling adapter?

We will be back at Goose Creek, SC on monday for a few weeks so I thought it would be a good time to make the upgrade. We stay at Foster Creek RV park on the Naval Weapons Station, this time on site 12. This will be our service address as our billing address is in SD.

Looking forward to exploring teh Hopper.

Use the Hopper upgrade sticky to find out cost difference, if any.

Last edited:
Whether you intend to Sling or not, I'd still recommend the HWS just because it is noticeably faster than the original Hopper...and costs the same in monthly fees and probably upgrade fees (if any) as well! :up

It sounds like you are in an RV.
you may have to fight for an RV install. Check with DIRT.
I did have 2 Hoppers in my RV. Now I am in stix and bricks with 2 HWS. I strongly recommend HWS.
What kind of dish do you use? HWS requires Dish 100x.x

Yes we are in an RV but they did the upgrade from SD to HD with a tech coming out to do the install. It will be the same park different site. I believe I have the 1000.2 dish western arc, 110, 119, and 129.

Thanks to MikeH from DIRT, I go my hopper HWS installed today. It was amazing he was able to get it scheduled the very next day, they arrived on time with all the correct equipment. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)