US Dish in Mexico

CCarson

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 16, 2008
I've a 6" dish located in Cozumel, MX and want to receive the 110 and 119 satellites and port to two VIP622 DVRs. Can I receive reliability with this dish and using a DP500 dual LNB and DPP44 switch into two separators? Tnx, Carson

Ive seen (2) 6ft dishes in Cancun for DN in my last vacation there at some local hangout. So u might need dual 6fters.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've a 6" dish located in Cozumel, MX and want to receive the 110 and 119 satellites and port to two VIP622 DVRs. Can I receive reliability with this dish and using a DP500 dual LNB and DPP44 switch into two separators? Tnx, Carson
Why aren't going to try and get HD? I would check with others what sats that they use. You might be able to get 72.7. You are just out of the red signal beam which says that you might be able to pick it up w/ a larger dish than you are talking about.

Why aren't going to try and get HD? I would check with others what sats that they use. You might be able to get 72.7. You are just out of the red signal beam which says that you might be able to pick it up w/ a larger dish than you are talking about.

Mexico, Hawaii and Alaska subscribers only need to get 110 and 119. I believe these locations may be out of the footprint of 72 and 129 even when using larger dishes.

Last edited:
Aloha, i live in Hawaii and receive my HD programming from sat locations 110,119&129. I use two 30 inch dishes for 110&119 and a 24 inch dish for 129. They feed into a dpp44 switch that feeds a vip922,622 and two 211ks.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using satelliteguys.

I live in Cancun. One 6' dish and one 30" dish and I get the full compliment of 110 and 119 transponders. Spot beams are out of the question, obviously. Also get CONUS NY locals. PM me for further information.

I live in Cancun. One 6' dish and one 30" dish and I get the full compliment of 110 and 119 transponders. Spot beams are out of the question, obviously. Also get CONUS NY locals. PM me for further information.
Does anyone get any other sats form Dish? If so what size dish are they using and which sats?

Can you use sling box in Mexico or are Mexico IPs rejected? If it works, you just keep your receivers on in the US and use the internet to get your TV in Mexico.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)