Use of Dish 625 Receiver

EarleH

Original poster
May 9, 2010
Sabine County Texas
We are previous Dish subscribers looking to return! I own a Dish 625 receiver and when returning to Dish will I be able to use it and will I incurr a charge? I know it cannot receive HD. We have HD (Directv) now and these old eyes really cannot see the difference. My real reason is because the 625 allows control recording and playback at satellite tv.

Do you own an HDTV (assuming that you do if you have Direct HD)? As a returning customer, you would probably be able to get an HD DVR for free. What D* equipment do you have? If you can't tell the difference, it is possible you don't have the HD receiver connected via component or HDMI. My 86 yr old Dad had vision problems, but he most certainly could tell the difference. But to answer original question, you would not incur any charge to re-activate the 625, but don't know why you would want to. Can you check and tell us how your current receiver is connected to your TV?

Last edited:
Hi Earle H, the 625 DVR is still a good standard definition receiver. It can be used in a western arc installtion of 119,119. KAB is correct in that if you sign up for service with Dish Network we will most likely install new HD equipment (it would be mandatory if you need a Eastern Arc install for programming). With autopay on new accounts, the HD programming is free and if you only want one receiver to work two TV's there will be no receiver charges. If you would like to send me a PM with your location, I can check into this for you and advise any options available to you! Thank you!

Hi Earle H, the 625 DVR is still a good standard definition receiver. It can be used in a western arc installtion of 119,119. KAB is correct in that if you sign up for service with Dish Network we will most likely install new HD equipment (it would be mandatory if you need a Eastern Arc install for programming). With autopay on new accounts, the HD programming is free and if you only want one receiver to work two TV's there will be no receiver charges. If you would like to send me a PM with your location, I can check into this for you and advise any options available to you! Thank you!
Yes I have an HD TV and an HD receiver/ We are on the Texas Louisiana border. I have been doing some reading and it seems that the Dish HD receiver 722 preforms all of the features that the 625 does except it also receives HD, is that right. If so, how much extra will Dish charge us as "NEW" subscribers for the 722? Earle

Send Mary a PM Earle. She will get you all the info you need. You will probably be able to upgrade to the HD DVR for little to no cost at all.

Yes I have an HD TV and an HD receiver/ We are on the Texas Louisiana border. I have been doing some reading and it seems that the Dish HD receiver 722 preforms all of the features that the 625 does except it also receives HD, is that right. If so, how much extra will Dish charge us as "NEW" subscribers for the 722? Earle

Yes, the 722 is an HD DVR with same and more features than the 625. As said before, it will most likely not cost you anything.

The 722 will not cost you anything per month as the first receiver on the account is included with programming. Send Mary or Matt a PM. They will help you out. Much better people than if you were to call customer service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts