Use Residential Plan in Office?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

legaleye3000

Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
FL
The business plans are a complete rip off compared to residential. Can I just sign up for a residential plan under my personal name rather than business name to be used in my office in an office building? Thanks.

Installer will balk and leave. At least that's what happened when 2 guys tried it where I work. They paid for a business plan

legaleye3000 said:
The business plans are a complete rip off compared to residential. Can I just sign up for a residential plan under my personal name rather than business name to be used in my office in an office building? Thanks.

Good luck. Installers make more for commercial installs than they do residential accounts. I personally wouldn't touch it

The DTV installer was very firm. No residential plan in what was clearly a business, even one without customers to view the TV. He left, they signed up for a business plan, and were in business. At least until a few months passed, the primary owner became incapacitated, and the other owners told me to take their TV away. I installed it in the primary owners home, MBR. Sadly, he did not enjoy it long before he entered a hospital, then the facility where he is now. And will never leave.

The guys that ordered DTV, and had the gall to take the TV from the boss's office, will be well advised to drop the matter, pay the ETF, if any, and not risk their jobs further.

Look into Dish Network's business plans. They offer smaller packages at a greatly reduced rate. I have services in many restaurants and chose Dish because of the pricing.

http://commercial.dish.com/downloads/forms/DISH-ChnnlLineup-4-12_BusinessSolutions.pdf

Yea, get less for less if you ask me.

Dish Networks business plans work great if you only plan to watch a few channels, or keep a TV on 1 channel all the time. But if you want to have TV in your office and want to have a decent selection, then you need to go with Directv as when you add in all the smaller Dish packages to get what you want, your paying more than you would with Directv.

Get a extra receiver at home, take it to the business and install a dish there yourself.

So DirecTV requires a commercial account if a business has a "apartment" above it for the owner to live or stay in?

TheTechGuru said:
Get a extra receiver at home, take it to the business and install a dish there yourself.

So DirecTV requires a commercial account if a business has a "apartment" above it for the owner to live or stay in?

Actually you need 2 accounts. A commercial account to watch in the business and a residential account for the apartment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)