using a multi lnb braket on a Winegard DS-2076 31" (76cm) Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't see why not.

You might want to post the satellites you intend to hit with it.
Sometimes if they're too close together, you might benefit from smaller LNBs like these.
And if you're going for too big a spread, the signal drops off for the wider spacing.

There are many threads on the site where folks have built their own brackets, or just tried an idea with some duct tape and a block of wood as a spacer.

There's even a thread to help you calculate the location of a 2nd LNB, knowing the focal length of the dish.
Most just experiment and find their own results - that's what the hobby is about.

was thinking 123 and 97. still haven't decided on the others. I know I will loose signal doing this but is it worth while?

didn't want motorized. This setup is for someone else. trying to keep it easy.

thanks

was thinking 123 and 97
I'm no expert, but I don't think that'd have a chance. Too far apart.
Take a look through the forum. Some guys list LNBs on specific dishes in their signature.
Might give ya some insight. ;)

yeah, i have one geosatpro dedicated to 123 right now.

i got a second geosatpro dish for 101 and whatever "feed" birds I decide to go with. i will play with the c-band first and see what happens.

was thinking 123 and 97. still haven't decided on the others. I know I will loose signal doing this but is it worth while?

didn't want motorized. This setup is for someone else. trying to keep it easy.

thanks

Don't let a motorized setup scare you off. I have aimed both Dish Net and DirecTv dishes before my motorized, but, I had it setup completely in a couple of hours. I sat next to the dish with a small TV and my STB.

You will not get those two sats on 1 dish like others have said.

Try a motorized. You can get quite a bit of the arc depending upon your line of sight.

I have found that 6 to 8 degrees off-centre is optimum for linear satellites (circular can be greater, I do have one about 22 degrees off-centre). Unless it is a really strong satellite (you are in the hot spot for the satellite) then once you go beyond 8 degrees (even then there is a fair amount of signal loss) you really will experience a sharply increased signal loss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts