Using SD Cards with Hopper.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I have a 16GB SD Card in a Sony USB SD Card Reader.

I plugged it into the front USB port, got a message saying I need to format. I formatted the card.

I recorded about a minute of one show. Then I went into the menu and transferred the recording to the card.

I went into DVR and played the recording off the card. It WORKED.

I cannot verify if a thumbdrive will work, as I do not own one, but this verifies that SD cards will work. I recommend using class 10.

This allows a person with a hopper to easily transfer and take a recording with him/her. Say your brother has a hopper. Now you can take your SD card and adapter, and play something on his hopper.

I have a 16GB SD Card in a Sony USB SD Card Reader.

I plugged it into the front USB port, got a message saying I need to format. I formatted the card.

I recorded about a minute of one show. Then I went into the menu and transferred the recording to the card.

I went into DVR and played the recording off the card. It WORKED.

I cannot verify if a thumbdrive will work, as I do not own one, but this verifies that SD cards will work. I recommend using class 10.

This allows a person with a hopper to easily transfer and take a recording with him/her. Say your brother has a hopper. Now you can take your SD card and adapter, and play something on his hopper.

I wouldn't count on that working.I know that ehd's are account specific.If you take your ehd to a friends house and connect to their receiver it will ask to format not allow you to play the content.

OK. That I didn't know.

Still, using a SD card is kinda cool. If anyone has a spare thumbdrive, see if that will work.

Dish said the HD needs external power, we should also test if a USB powered one will work.

It will only work on your Hopper as each recording is encrypted using a special account key. Meaning you cant take it to a friends house and pop it into his Hopper and watch the show from HBO you recorded last night.

downloading movies takes forever. why?

DISH Cheers Ruling on AutoHop, PrimeTime Anytime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)